can anyone help??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can anyone help? I sent a letter to Halifax asking for my bank charges back (the one before the LBA). They have replied within the 14 days to say that they've investigated the matter and wont refund me. I now want to send the LBA but do i have to wait for the 14 day deadline b4 sending or can i send now??

also the template LBA starts off by saying ' I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter..... ' does anyone know if i should put something other than this? as Halifax have responded (although negatively) thanks- Patmac :?

Because they have responded the 14 Days becomes irrelevent.

Your now are now ready for the LBA. The LBA letter can also be when you write saying something like this and giving them 7-14 days for responce before filing your claim in court -

YOUR NAME

YOUR ADDRESS

YOUR POST TOWN

YOUR POSTCODE

BANK NAME

BANK ADDRESS

BANK POST TOWN

BANK POSTCODE

TODAY’S DATE

Dear sir/madam,

Please see enclosed copies of our recent correspondence.

As you will see form my first letter, I was not writing to you to make a complaint, I was writing to request the

repayment of unlawful penalty charges from my account.

I have still not received a refund of these charges that your company had levied from my account from xx/xx/xx to

xx/xx/xx amounting to £XXXX as requested.

I hereby give you a further 7 days from the date of this letter in which to comply with my request. If I do not receive a

full refund of these penalty charges within this time, I will have no alternative but to begin legal proceedings to recover this money.

Please do not waste my time by offering a part payment, as such offers will be ignored. I will only accept a full and

unconditional refund.

Yours sincerely

YOUR NAME

Hope this helps :-)

I know there are loads of templates on this forum which are perfect but you do need o fish around for them, check out this site -

Reclaim Unfair Charges from banks & credit card companies!

thanks very much williamtcforsyth. i just wanted to be sure before proceeding to the LBA. The letter template on your reply looks perfect and thanks for the link. ;)

Here are all the letters you will need...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .