• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

allen V's A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, you include weekends, bank holidays and any other days you can think of..;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for every ones help so far dont think i could have got this far with out it!!!!

Had my post this morning and in it was a letter from Wragge and Co saying this is a copy of our clients acknowledgement of service and they are going to defend. I have read so many threads that i am now getting confused WHAT DO I DO NOW?????

PLEASE HELP!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi, Its a standard letter...you might get a small offer next...

You dont have to do anything yet, try not to worry...i know its not easy...

Jenny XX

Sorry i am being a real pain here just feeling a bit nervousnow never thought it would go this far! The acknowledgement of service was dated 1st June so does that mean they have 28 days to get together fence? and if so does that mean i hane to as well? and if so what the hell to i get together just copies of charges and letters sent? oh my god !!!!!!:shock:

Hello, Is it just me or did A&L seem to be quicker than usual to send an offer of settlement within a week of starting your MCOL. I got a lower offer with two accounts I have with A&L which was £800 inc my £200 court charges but they owe £2200 plus court charges. I sent the letter of rejection the next day and also happened to get a letter from Wragge Solicitors the same day saying A&L were defending this claim. (With the letter coming within 24hrs of the offer of settlement I think A&L were trying to bully me into taking the lower offer and scare me with the Wragge letter.)

Has anyone else had this situation happen to them.

Thanks Jen it helps to know theres people out there that i can ask.

Do i need to do any thing regarding the judgement bit on my mcol and also whats the time frame now?

Hi, You dont need to do anything with mcol now, you'll receive a copy of their defence soon if you havent already...

You can send your charges to wragge's, it'll save them saying they havent got one...

You'll be ok, its really nerve wrecking!!!

Jenxx

i received an offer of just over 2k for a claim of over 5k without filing a claim, and before i sent the LBA.

Hi, your one of the luckier ones, i receive an offer for just under half, but now they're offering tiny amounts.

Jenny

Sorry i am being a real pain here just feeling a bit nervousnow never thought it would go this far! The acknowledgement of service was dated 1st June so does that mean they have 28 days to get together fence? and if so does that mean i hane to as well? and if so what the hell to i get together just copies of charges and letters sent? oh my god !!!!!!:shock:

Hi jen thanks for that wondered if u could help with these???

HELLO****

REALLY NEED HELP TO KNOW IF I HAVE TO GET A COURT BUNDLE READY OR NOT AND IF I DO WHAT THE HELL IT IS AND WHERE DO I GET IT FROM????????

ALSO JUST READ ON A THREAD THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM, IF THE MCOL IS IN ONLY ONE NAME BUT THE ACCOUNT IS IN JOINT NAME, ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON THIS?

Hi Nicky...1st you're not a pain LOL...

2.You dont have to get your bundle together till you get a court date.

3. I filed mcol in my name only, as were the letters i sent...the acc was in joint names and i havent had any probs, someone did though..wragge's tried to use it in their defence...not a problem though.

If you want me to send you the bundle stuff i will...dont worry about it yet thoughXX

Anything else i am home now and i'll answer quicker LOL

Jen

Cheers Jen Sorry about that think i went into panic mode! The more you read the more confusing it seems at this stage. I ll do what u say and just sit back and wait for the court date and then panic! lol

Thanks again

N

Morning everyone!

Im going to send wragge and co a copy of my charges but just wondered, when ive done them before ive just put amount and date but not what they were for, Should i re do them and include what they were for?

Also although they actually owe me £5531.00 before interest i am only asking for £5000.00 plus court costs will this make a difference?

Thanks

N

:(

Hi, I've put the charge amount and date and its not been questioned, i dont think they'll cause a problem with the lesser amount, you can always reclaim it later, thats what i am doing with barclays.

Jen

Morning all!!

Well just to update you, i was expecting A&L's defence through the post this morning but instead i recieved a letter from them containing all the normal blah blah and a cheque for .......wait for it... £2563.50 which although feels good in my hands is infact only half of what those nasty people took from me. It is a vast improvement on the last offer which was just over £50.00 so at least its getting there!

The cheque WILL be returned with a letter stating thanks but no thanks unless this is a down payment (dout it)

Now feeling really nervous should i just cut my loses and accept it? am i being greedy? I have until tommorrow morning to decide

:eek: :o

Ive written this letter on the pretense that i am returning it, Does it sound ok????

Alliance Leicester

Bootle

Merseyside

GIR OAA

Re: Account number #########

Response to settlement offer.

Dear sirs

Thank you for your letter dated 30/05/07. I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement and have included the cheque you supplied in respect of that offer.

You may not have been aware that I commenced legal action against you for the amount of £5000.00 plus court costs of so far £120.00 on 29/05/07 and I would ask that you now refer this matter to your legal department for further instruction.

I would like to bring to your attention that at this point I have not included the interest on the amount owed which if you check your records, as I have sent you a copy you will see that if this was to be included the amount would be almost £6500.00 without court costs. I did hope this would encourage a swift conclusion to this matter.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

Hi Nicky,

Your letter looks fine, you are doing the right think, if you want to use the template letters they're here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Hope that helps

Jen

OH Jen i am pleased to hear you!!

I used one of the template rejections letter but just altered it slightly, is that ok??

Well at least the offers are getting bigger

I was wondering this court bundle business ive looked through them through a link on a thread i found, do we really need to know all of that stuff and will i be questioned on it or is it just to show them we mean business??

Cus i have got enough studying to do with out taking up law!!

Thanks so much for all your help and advice

Nicky:)

Hi Nicky..

yep its alright to alter it...its more individual...I had to with my letter cos its plus 6yrs.

I think it helps if you read the bundle...the basic on isnt too bad...its mainly your stuff and then the legalities and cases etc...my case is going to mercantile..which yours could too...most of the time you dont have to do the bundle!! which is a releif.

Jenxx

Afternoon all

Well ive done it, ive sent the cheque back with my thanks but stick it letter!! I was almost sick but then i thought NO ! why should i allow them to keep it when its mine and i cannot imagine them letting me off by half the amount if it was the other way round! Was expecting the defence to be on the door mat this morning but nothing yet.

Plus im feeling lucky today picked up my exam results and ive passed thank god!!!!

Lets just wait and see what happens now

:-):D:)