Sarah Lou VS Nationwide

Sarah Lou
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post.

I'll fill you in on my journey with nationwide.

Started waay back in Feb with all the letters used templates from Martin Lewis' site, got the very predictable NO fob off letters.

Enough is enough so I filed against them in my local county court (Ipswich) papers were deemed served on the 27th april, Nationwide very quickly acknowledged on the 1st May. They now have until the 25th May to file a defence which they have not done so far.

On my acknowledgement of sevice letter it states that eversheds of Cardiff are nationwides solicitors.

They have 12 days left to defend, have any of you contacted the bank or the solicitors to try to get them to settle QUICKER?

I'd love to know if any of you have done this with success or is it just pointless?

All I have is eversheds address, no phone number or email. Alot of you have mentioned Charles Bacon, would it be worth me emailing him, or can I not as eversheds are dealing with it.

Sorry for the confusion, Ive just succeeded in confusing myself aswell, any help and advice would be very much appreciated

Many thanks for reading

Sarah xx

Hi all,

This is my first post.

I'll fill you in on my journey with nationwide.

Started waay back in Feb with all the letters used templates from Martin Lewis' site, got the very predictable NO fob off letters.

Enough is enough so I filed against them in my local county court (Ipswich) papers were deemed served on the 27th april, Nationwide very quickly acknowledged on the 1st May. They now have until the 25th May to file a defence which they have not done so far.

On my acknowledgement of sevice letter it states that eversheds of Cardiff are nationwides solicitors.

They have 12 days left to defend, have any of you contacted the bank or the solicitors to try to get them to settle QUICKER?

I'd love to know if any of you have done this with success or is it just pointless?

All I have is eversheds address, no phone number or email. Alot of you have mentioned Charles Bacon, would it be worth me emailing him, or can I not as eversheds are dealing with it.

Sorry for the confusion, Ive just succeeded in confusing myself aswell, any help and advice would be very much appreciated

Many thanks for reading

Sarah xx

Don't do anything at this point, just leave it. They have filed an acknowledgement but not entered a defence right? They will be in touch with an offer in the next week or so. Check back with the Court at the latter end of next week to see if they've filed their defence. If they have filed come back to the site, if not and you've not heard from them still come back to the site. They will leave it go as long as possible on the assumption that you will crack first, contact them and accept an offer, so stick it out kiddo. I know it's nerve racking, it happened to me and they settled at the 11th hour!

Boo x

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Hiya

Thanks for that. There has still been no defence filed, they have 8 days left in which to do so, Im bricking it now, especially after the lloyyds tsb case

Lots of people have taken the Lloyds TSB case and blown the decision out of all proportion! You need to look at other threads on here that are dealing with it, they will reassure you.

8 days that's practically years away, be patient something will happen in the next couple of days. If they haven't filed a defence yet then that's a good sign!

Boo x

;) Boobaby

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

Lots of people have taken the Lloyds TSB case and blown the decision out of all proportion! You need to look at other threads on here that are dealing with it, they will reassure you.

8 days that's practically years away, be patient something will happen in the next couple of days. If they haven't filed a defence yet then that's a good sign!

Boo x

Thankyou Boo, Im a real worry bum, have been reading the successes and feel a bit at ease now.

Geeez I'll be glad when all this is over and I have a nice bank balance :)

Thankyou Boo, Im a real worry bum, have been reading the successes and feel a bit at ease now.

Geeez I'll be glad when all this is over and I have a nice bank balance :)

No problem little sweetie, I know exactly how you feel, been there done it and finally had the bank balance to prove it.

I went through numerous emotions, worries and postings on here. My son thought I'd lost my mind and never for one minute believed that anyone got anything back. My daughter thought I was having an affair as I spent most of my waking hours on this site. They had no problem believing when it came to spending it though;-)

Relax take a deep breath and I usually find the odd (bottle of) wine helps!!

Boo xx

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Hi Sarah Lou,

I filed last Monday with Nationwide and it was deemed served on the 16th so waiting to see what they do they have got til the 30th May. I have been reading quite a few threads on here and apparently its a good idea to keep an eye on your account as they seem to put the money into here in dribs and drabs so I am watching and waiting at the moment. I cant wait for it to be over either as my claim is quite high and worry that it will all go pear shaped at the last minute, which is just my luck. Hope you win keep my fingers crossed for you.

Regards

McWills

Hi Sarah Lou,

I filed last Monday with Nationwide and it was deemed served on the 16th so waiting to see what they do they have got til the 30th May. I have been reading quite a few threads on here and apparently its a good idea to keep an eye on your account as they seem to put the money into here in dribs and drabs so I am watching and waiting at the moment. I cant wait for it to be over either as my claim is quite high and worry that it will all go pear shaped at the last minute, which is just my luck. Hope you win keep my fingers crossed for you.

Regards

McWills

As long as you've stuck to the tried and tested process on here, sent what you should, when you should then you'll be fine!

Good luck to you also.

Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

How you getting on sarah, Im 5 days behind you. My account checking habit is getting worse!

I know what you mean, Im at the cashpoint everyday...shouting and swearing at it :D

They have 4 days left, still nothing in the account, hopefully I'll be posting posotive news in the next couple of days....Watch this space!!!

Hi Sarah Lou!

...Im at the cashpoint everyday...shouting and swearing at it
I've tried that already...It doesn't work!!!

Apparently (...and this is only a rumour mind!),

U have to put your Cash/Debit Card into the slot and key in your PIN as well?!...lol...:D

Hi Sarah Lou!I've tried that already...It doesn't work!!!

Apparently (...and this is only a rumour mind!),

U have to put your Cash/Debit Card into the slot and key in your PIN as well?!...lol...:D

Ohhhh so that why its not working.... LOLOL

Hi Sarah Lou,

I've received the Acknowledgment of Service today saying they are going to defend surprise, surprise so have got to wait again now. Dont know about the hearing not got that far yet but 5mins doesn't sound long enough so have you had a date for court then?

Do you know what the defence is? sometimes the defence is that they have already settled so watch your account (maybe as its a bank hol weekend the payment has been delayed til tues).

It would be wise to start the preparing for court just in case NW have taken some extra strength bravery pills.

This is there defence:

1) The defendant admits that the claimant holds a current account with the defendant

2) Any charges debited to the claimants account have been debited in accordance with the contract made between the claimant and the defendant in relation to the account

3) The claimant has been regularly advised of the ammounts that would be debited to his account in respect of, unauthorised overdrafts, transactions unpaid due to insufficient funds and card missuse

4) The defendant therefor denies that the claimant is entitled to repayment of the charges, as claimed, or at all.

We still have no 5 minute court hearing date, WHY are some people getting paid and Im not have I done something wrong.

Has anyone been to a 5 minute hering, whats involved? Is this where I have to put together a court bundle? Will they be likely to take this all the way or will they pay me before?

Sorry for all the questions Im really scared, never thought it would get this far, Im peed off big time :sad::-x :-x :-x

Hi Sarah Lou!

...We still have no 5 minute court hearing date, WHY are some people getting paid and Im not have I done something wrong.

Has anyone been to a 5 minute hering, whats involved? Is this where I have to put together a court bundle? Will they be likely to take this all the way or will they pay me before?

Sorry for all the questions Im really scared, never thought it would get this far, Im peed off big time

Chill...:cool:

The differences between U and some other Nationwide Claimants, is just down to how the individual Courts have started to handle the multitude of Claims that are flooding into the legal system!

U must have, by now, read enough of other Nationwide Claimants Threads to realise that Nationwide won't payout until they have absolutely GOT TO?!

If U have prepared well and followed the general advice given, as well as having "dotted your i's & crossed your t's" on all of your Forms, then U have absolutely NOTHING to worry about!...:)

Just make sure that U are certain of your legal arguments and feel confident in being able to express them both on paper and verbally to a District Judge, if it becomes necessary.

U are certainly not alone with this type of Hearing.

Have a look at ALL the links in the following Thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/94540-nationwide-going-court-ignoring.html

In #3 U have acknowledged knowing about the recent losing LloydsTSB Court Case.

If U have read up on it, U will have gathered that the Claimant failed to provide his original T & C's, upon which he was basing his argument that the Debits were Penalty Charges and NOT Charges for a Service.

DON'T forget to included them in any Court Bundle that U send off!!!...;)

P.S....U may wish to count yourself fortunate that (...so far) your Claim hasn't been transferred to a Court that is higher than a County Court and where there is less CAG experience of!...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/92468-nationwide-mercantile-court-case.html

Ok we are happy now ..

I'm am now able to confirm that we have refunded £868.12 in charges to your account .We have also credited £120.00 to cover your costs and a further £208.35

which represents interest at the court rate etc etc .

That was in a letter we just got ,cant tell you how happy we are its over .thanks for all the help and info. Without you all we would have been lost .