Natwest Bank Claim

ABA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I am looking at initiating a claim against Natwest bank in the next couple of days and wanted some advise!

I have been communicating with Natwest's office based in Edinburgh. Would it make any difference if I file a claim against a defendant based in Scotland or should I file my claim with their office based in Borehamwood, England. I am based in Bracknell, England.

Does it mean I may have to travel to Scotland if Natwest decide to take this claim further? I am claiming £300 from them.

Secondly, I have been charged for failed DD on my 'first reserve' accounts! I had read a few posts that were not very clear if I can claim DD charges on these accounts! Anybody having any successful claims on these accounts!

Response would be most appreciated! Cheers

Hi aba........... welcome on board the nat west forum! Have a look through this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/79547-natwest-charges-guide.html as this will explain which charges you can and can't reclaim.

You don't have to travel to Scotland to deal with your claim - you do it by post! Basically, if you haven't got all of your statements, you need to send the SAR 1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges

to Retail Regulatory Risk (address is in the Sticky's, just above these threads). They should then provide you with your statements within 40 days.

Once you have your statements, post back on here and we'll guide you through the process. In the meantime, have a good read through here so that you understand the whole process. http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tructions.html

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi Hedgey06,

Thanks for your response. My applogies for not being clear on my earlier message. I have been communicating with their office in Scotland and I have received statements etc and they have offered a paltry £76 against a claim of £284. I have already written to them declining the offer and asked them to respond within 14 days for the full amount or face the courts. The 14 day period ends on the 16th May, so wanted to know if I should mention their Scotland address while filing a claim, OR alternatively their Borehamwood address in England. I am based in England.

Cheers ABA!!

Ah - much clearer now!!!

If you've sent prelim and LBA to the Scottish address, they should have passed them on the customer relations unit at Borehamwood anyway as that's the department that deals with the bank charges claims.

Soooooooooo............ if you haven't had any response by 16th/17th May, you need to fill in the N1 claim form (you can either use MCOL or file in person at your local county court - this thread should help you decide which route to take Moneyclaim and hardcopy claim compared). But whichever route you take, you need to use nat wests registered head office address now (NatWest Bank PLC, 135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3UR).

And you've deffo done the right thing declining their offer - you'll get the full amount back even if you have to file at court to do it. Plus, you'll get the 8% court interest on top of the charges (you'll have to do an updated schedule of charges) and you'll also get your court fees back!!! Don't worry - you're onto a winner!!!!! xxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi Hedgey,

Just to confirm, you mentioned earlier I could file my bank claim on the Bishopsgate address, eventhough I have been communicating with their Edinburgh's office since the start! Would'nt the Bishopsgate office be taken by surprise to receive these claims from the court without having received any prior correspondence? You reckon the Edinburgh office is in touch with Borehamwood / Bishopsgate offices?

I am filing this claim tomorrow! Please respond. Thanks ABA

Hi ABA,

You need to put the Bishopsgate addess down as this is the registered office for the bank when you do your claim. Really doesn't matter who you've been communication with to be honest as, like I said, Edinburgh will have passed your prelim and LBA on to the borehamwood address. And once you've filed everything's dealt with by Cobbetts (their solicitors) anyway.

Don't worry - you'll be fine!!! Put Bishopsgate down and bung your claim in.......... then just sit back and wait to see what happens!!!

Good luck mate - let me know how you get on tomorrow!! xxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

i have a avantage gold ac and a first res i have always been told as i have tried and even in the internet banking nasty west will not allow DD's from first reserve accounts

looks like you have somwhat of an kock out punch :p

I will look for the t&c's where they might have distributed said info.

and count on me if you need my support and or afidavit

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Now your here & I've your attention pls atleast [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000]look at[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/"][B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/URL] [B]:eek: Deadline to sign up by: [/B]21 May 2007 – [B]Signatures:[/B] 1,333 (as at 17/05):shock: [URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Penaltycharges/"][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkgreen][B]http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Penaltycharges/[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL] [FONT=Times New Roman]that Berwick v lloyds case judgement [/FONT] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]Analysed and surmised in concise plain English[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] by 1 of our admins[/SIZE] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-825486.html[/URL] [SIZE=1]& by[/SIZE][SIZE=3] R B R EARS[/SIZE] [U][COLOR=darkgreen][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-827833.html[/URL][/COLOR][/U] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=black]All the best.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=navy][I]FIDZ[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]Any of my Advice & opinions and guidance are personal, not endorsed by C A G or Bank Action Group, are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have got a cheque for the full amount from Natwest Bank yesterday and deposited the same today. The fight has been won::::)))))

Thanks to you guys Hedgey and FendyWeather, this has been possible!!

Time for some happy spending now;)

Cheers ABA

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ABA. TOTAL RESULT. IM ABSOLUTELY OVER THE MOON FOR YA. WELL DONE, SO TOTALLY AND UTTERLY WELL DONE.

IM HAPPY AS A PIGGY IN POOPY FOR YA MY FRIEND. WELL DONE.

Remember though and take great heart and courage from, YOU DID IT YOURSELF. We only cheered on from the sidelines. This is thanks to you and only you. Very well done. Excellent................. Best for the future ABA.

Fendy xxxxxx

Hi ABA, this is brilliant news!!! I'm so pleased that you've won as I've watched your case from the start.............. and you've won both claims now in fantastic style!!!

Sooooooooo CONGRATULATIONS hun, you've done so well and I'm really, really chuffed for ya! Enjoy every second of the spending spree when the cheque clears!.

Take care, and very best wishes to you, hedgey xxxxxxx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***