overcharged

bigbird2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seem to happen more and more but i go into shops like the other day i went to Makro and i brought some items that were on a special offer 2 for £3.00 but when i had paid i looked at my receipt and found i had been charged full price for the items ie £ 4.00 I had also been charged £10 99 for some chicken pieces that had a point of saleprice for £6.99 . so on that shopping trip alone i had been charged £5 too much. Is this acceptable should we have to check our receipts or should we believe what they tell us? When i went up to customer service they refunded the difference but should that be all they should have to do . They are ripping us of whether it intentional or not What can we do?

Sometimes and this is genuine their tills are not updated with the offers, always check receipt for the bogofs etc before you leave the store, it is so much harder to sort it after!

Another tactic of stores is to stock similar items near to those on offer, so that quite a few consumers end up picking up the wrong items (e.g, a 8 pack of lager that is not on sale is put next to a six pack of the same brand taht is on sale). Also, check the qualifiying period for the offer. I have seen numerous "offers" which have actually expired, yet people stil pick them up.

The problem is that the size of the legal teams of supermarkets makes it nigh on impossible to get a conviction where the law has been breached, and the fines that they receive if they are convicted is nothing compared to the profits they make from fleecing customers.