Lloyds vs me, Dad and sis!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Claiming charges against Lloyds for me, my Dad and my sister is proving incredibly daunting! Can anyone help?

Dad

Sent off letter of authority (i.e. saying who I am and that I'm dealing with his claim) with the S.A.R. enclosing a £10 postal order on 4th April. Dad received a standard letter acknowledging his request on 9/5 with printed statement entries going back to September 2001 which he fowarded to me. Letter said if further statements are required, they need to access archived data and he has to request this further and they've taken the £10 for this service accordingly.

• Why have they sent the info to him - when I requested it?!! (diff address)
  • Why have they taken £10 for this service - what happened to the postal order?
  • Why do I have to send a further S.A.R for data going back past Sept 2001 when they should go back 6 years i.e May 2001 automatically.
  • Looking at the advanced spreadsheet to calculate overdraft interest I need the balance at the time the charges were taken - the sheets Lloyds provide don't state this. More info to be requested? Or is there a way round this?

Sis

Same as Dad but nothing received yet by her or myself.

• Do I send a DPA reminder?

Me

S.A.R and L.B.A sent - letter received refusing refund.

• Do I proceed with MCOL?
  • Also, I forgot to do advance spreadsheet for overdraft interest (it seemed really complicated) - can I still claim for this at this stage or do I have to start again? Or do I only claim for the statutory 8% under the county courts act?

I've done a fair bit of reading and it seems Lloyds is the hardest one of all - what do I do/can I expect?

Any advice greatfully received - I'll get 'em (I've got 6 weeks to go until the birth of my 3rd child so money well needed!!);)

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there,

To break it all down -

Dad -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/85351-barclaycard-r-subject-access.html#post811212

The above link is for when data requests are incomplete and give a link to the template letter.

Add to the letter of non compliance which is found on the link there, that you have already paid £10 by postal order, however £10 was deducted from the account therefor you would like the £10 - returned and remind them that your original request stated the following -

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

The above link will tell you where to send it to.

Sis -

same as above - click on the link - follow non compliance template link - letter there to suit.

You -

• Do I proceed with MCOL?

Yes - Links are here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

• Also, I forgot to do advance spreadsheet for overdraft interest (it seemed really complicated) - can I still claim for this at this stage or do I have to start again? Or do I only claim for the statutory 8% under the county courts act?

It is important that you understand, so do not attempt it if you do not understand it and is clearly stated, it increases the risk of you having to defend it.

Yes at court stage you add the 8% interest and the daily rate.

All the best,

CJ

Thanks so much Chloe Jane - most helpful indeed! You're a star!:D

One other thing - reading through other threads on the forum, most Lloyds claims take it all the way to go..

I'm moving house soon (4 - 6 weeks)- therefore my home address is going to change smack bang in the middle of all this further adding to the confusion.

Does anyone know if I have to amend my details and if so will this jeopardise/confuse everything or can I just keep my old address as I'm using the Royal Mails redirection service for 12 months?:confused: