Should I enlist help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have followed all the steps and I have issued the court claim and now i am faced with a solictors letter, firstly an acknowledgement of service and now they have filed a defence usign lots of termanology I dont understand and also a letter going on about the 8% interest? I am completly baffled but all these companies offering to help take 20% of the proceeds?? any advice on how not to be shafted?

Don't go down the route of employing a company. As you say they take a lot of your money. If you posted the defence it would be a lot easier for people to give advice.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Welly

First of all dont use a company!! We all started out unsure but following the advice of this site you will get all your money back and not have to pay some stranger up to half (after VAT!!) the amount of money, they are no better than ambulance chasers!!

If you need a buddy, i am more than happy to help!

The defence they have filed is the norm, honestly. Almost all claims get a defence filed of some sort, some of them are full of a language that is hard to understand and believe me this does not impress the judges as is should be in a language that you, as a litigant in person (representing yourself) should be able to understand.

If you want to scan in or type up what they defence says then I will have a look at it and guide you.

Dont worry, this does NOT mean they will turn up to the court hearing, this just gives them a bit of time before they pay up.

You do NOT need a company to do this for you, you acn do this yourself and have ALL your money to yourself...im sure 20+% of the claim that you would pay out could help in many other ways than lining the pocket of these so called advisors!!!!

All advice is based on my experiences. I am NOT qualified and as such cannot be held responsible for any mistakes. If in doubt...get professional help.

If you like what i have said then make me a star!!

Some helpful links

I have been successful in many cases..here are links to some

Housing Act and deposits: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?266260-Deposit-being-withheld.-Please-advise&highlight=

Against Natwest: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278646-N-west-v-Mrsfoot-s-Son.-***WON_ALL-CHARGES-REFUNDED***&highlight=

Against Swift Advances: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?46576-Me-V-Swift&highlight=

Against B&Q: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?172878-Me-vs-B-amp-Q&highlight=

Guest louis wu

Wellyboot,

Your dilemma is not uncommon.

Firstly, the defence you have recieved is standard. I could find 10000 people here who have had the same, and there will be countless others who will get the same defence in the future. It's designed to cause doubt, and confusion, in the hope that you will cease your claim.

As to these companies that will 'do the work' for you, where do they get there info from? Mostly from here, and then when things aren't progressing properly you will probably have to get involved and finish it yourself. Is it worth 20-25%, in my opinion no.

As to the 8% interest, thats simple. The court allows you to claim 8% interest on your claim, and there are spreadsheets here to do it for you. If, however, you can't/don't want to claimit....then don't. But I promise, if you put a little bit of work in, and read some important things, you'll find its very easy.

You need to give a few details as to how your claim has gone, and what letters you've sent. Also, what exactly are you claiming. If you give details you will be pointed in the right direction.

Whatever happens, you really must look though these,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

it breaks this down into simple bits and should give you the encouragement to continue. If that doesn't work, just remember that over £10 million has been returned to CAG members, and its not by accident either.

Louis

Guest louis wu

Lol Mrsfoot, great minds thinking alike I think (I just cant type as fast as you:D).

Louis

Thanks guys, feel stronger now and then received another letter "pleae provide a revised schedule for the period to which your claim relates detailling the interest at the court interest rate of 8%" what are they on now? I copied the spreadsheet from this website so it automatically calculated the 8% for me and printed it on the sheet so dont know what else they want? and yes please Mrs Foot a buddy would be great!

Guest louis wu
"pleae provide a revised schedule for the period to which your claim relates detailling the interest at the court interest rate of 8%"

Interest is always a little tricky to explain. You can claim 8% interest (statutory court amount), but ONLY when it gets to the court stage, before that you are only asking for the charges back. It doesn't really matter, and as you've sent it once, just send another copy of the spreadsheet, but in your LBA, only ask for the charges amount, don't add the interest figure.

Louis

Will sending in another spreadsheet minus the interest make me look incompetent? i.e they will know I dont actually have a clue what I'm doing? and have you seen on the news today (heard through a friend) of a case that DID make it to court and the cour ruled in favour of Lloyds bank???:confused:

Guest louis wu
and have you seen on the news today (heard through a friend) of a case that DID make it to court and the cour ruled in favour of Lloyds bank???:confused:

Have a read of this, it should make you less nervous

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/90294-lloyds-tsb-read-now.html

You'll be fine welly, just keep reading, especially refreshers on the FAQ's, and it will all work out.

Louis