Additions Direct - late payments

kelly101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Additions recently overhauled there account number system, issuing all account holders with new numbers. One thing they didn't do was inform everyone about the implications of not updating there online banking reference numbers when making payments.

Because I didn't change my reference number, my online payment took 14 days to reach them, and so left me with a late payment notice on my credit report and a warning that future late payments would incur a penalty charge. It's a bit of a pain as I was planning to switch credit cards this month, but now won't be able to for 3-4 months because of it. Whats more annoying is that after I put my theory on how it happened to them I received a letter advising me to update my online banking reference number.:-x

After numerous emails I've managed to make contact with the Authorisations Dept. where the credit clerks will apparently be 'looking into it', but I have heard nothing so far. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for the late payment strike to be removed under the circumstances. After all, they could have warned customers.

Does anyone have an idea of where I legally stand with this? Also, any tips for speeding up the resolution?

Thanks in anticipation.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck