Herbert takes on Natwest

lloyd_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

As some may have seen, I am beginning the task of reclaiming my unfair bank charges. I have held bank accounts with Natwest and HSBC over the last 6 years, plus a Natwest Mastercard. To keep myself and this site organised my dealings with HSBC are detailed in the HSBC forum.

I will use this thread to gain advice from you kindly people with regards to my Natwest account and (hopefully) credit card.

I have a few queries to begin:

1. To whom shall I send my request for the details of my bank charges by Natwest? My local branch or to the head office or wherever the people who deal with these matters are based? The address would be helpful.

2. Any information regarding the credit card would be great as I haven't seen much explained regarding these. The credit card has been closed for sometime and the banks are unable to give me the details. I am away from home and haven't been able to sift through my papers. Anyone know how I can find these details out?

Hopefully I will be able to bring together all statements and credit card bills in the next fortnight to check against the information supplied to me by the banks. I'm willing to take things at an orderly pace to help make this as stress free as possible..... all help greatly welcomed.

Many Thanks! ...... and Good Luck to all!

D. L Herbert

Good luck:

Data Protection Act

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9WF

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/79547-natwest-charges-guide.html

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hi lloyd, welcome on board the nat west forum! Use the link above that Parkvale's given you for the SAR - and send it recorded or special next day delivery to make sure it's signed for at the other end.

One SAR should cover all accounts that you have/have had with nat west - including credit card accounts, current accounts, etc. So you should only need to send them one £10 cheque/postal order to cover everything.

Keep us posted on your progress - good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Am in the middle of getting these letters sorted out, don't know how to find out what my credit card number was, either have to leave it till I find an old bill or try asking within the S.A.R. ? Must I include the text which says Data Protection Act as part of the address. Or think it will be ok beginning it Retail Regulatory Risk? if that makes sense to you lot. Last question who do i make cheque payable to? ta

D. L Herbert

Just address it Retail Regulatory Risk - no need to put the Data Protection Act on it as well. Cheque made payable to Nat West. Don't worry - you should be able to get your credit card numbers. I don't believe for one minute that Nat West can't access them via your name, address, date of birth and existing bank account details. They just know you're probably going after the charges!!! Stick to your guns with them - you'll get the info. We don't allow peeps to give up on here!!!! Stick with it and you'll get every little detail that you need. xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 months later...

Hi I have recently received my statements from Natwest and now need to know how to go about calculating interest could somebody please point me in the right direction? Thanks

D. L Herbert

Once you've highlighted all charges correctly on your statements, enter each charge into one of these spreadsheets 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets - just download the one that's compatible with your own pc. Don't delete the info that's in the spreadsheet though - just overwrite it with your own details - you'll find that the 8% interest is automatically calculated for you. :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***