Chaplin007 v HSBC

chaplin007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: Opened a statement today from the lovely HSBC, informing me that I had incurred a charge of £75 for overdraft arrangment fees! And then also £15.19 from interest debit.

I am just about to write my letter to the local branch to see if they will refund the £75 in good faith. Should be interesting, if not I will follow up with the full 6 years account details charges - which will be even more interesting as I was a student near 7 years ago.

Written out my letter, nice and polite.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I received an account statement from you regarding my overdraft arrangement in April 2007.

I would like to point out that I have not received any letters or statements informing me of possible penalty charges incurred for any informal or formal overdraft arrangements as described in the statement enclosed.

In this case I have been charged £75 “arrangement fees” plus £15.19 debit interest on my account which was in arrears. My overdraft agreement was of £1500 and I would deem this an unjustified and unacceptable penalty.

I have now credited my account to balance and I am seeking your advice of how I may claim back the penalty charge or “arrangement” fee which I feel was incurred unfairly.

Regards,

Me

Lets see what they say.

Very good lateralus.........made me chuckle. It would show that they know their stuff though.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.