Business Account - Letter from solicitors

loonpants
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm currently doing a claim for a business account of a friend. I've gone through the standard procedure and it's got to the point where the courts have set aside 28 days as a settlement period. She's just received a letter from their solicitors saying they're not going to pay as the account isn't in the defendants name and that unless the claim is amended in 7 days, they'll apply to have the case struck out. I'm not sure what they want me to amend. Anyone any ideas please? It's annoying me greatly considering they've no intention to actually go to court, even with it amended.

Cheers,

jon

Oh, and the bank has been responding to the S.A.R,LBA etc to her so if it's not in her name, shouldn't it be illegal for them to send out that information or reply to letters if it's not in her name?

When your friend filed the claim did she put the business name down as the claimant or her own name? If the account is in the name of a business then it is that name that needs to be put down as the claimant.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I think you'll find Lloyds have difficulty telling the difference between companies and people anyway, since they hold my company secretary responsible for the debts of the limited company.

bWell that's what i mean.The solicitors have already sent letters to the address i put on the claim!I think the problem is that i've put her home address on the claim and not the business address. Is it an N1 form i need to change the details on the claim ?

Cheers for the help .

Hmm...The courts said that i shouldn't change anything and send a letter to the solicitors and the courts telling them they're abusing the court process and if they want to sort it out, to go to court. Can that be right?

bWell that's what i mean.The solicitors have already sent letters to the address i put on the claim!I think the problem is that i've put her home address on the claim and not the business address. Is it an N1 form i need to change the details on the claim ?

Cheers for the help .

You need N244 form to amend claim and it will cost you £35.00

Heres the link

XxXxX

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

If I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

Hmm...Isn't that N244 form for amending the particulars of claim? I need to change the address.

mmmmm good point .... BARTY !!!!!!!! Where are you when we need you .... lol

XxXxX

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

Frankly then Lloyds are being pathetic and using this as yet another stalling tactic - send them a letter stating that the claimant is a sole trader and has full financial control of the business and therefore you do not see the relevance of their threat to have the case struck out.

Also point out that their client has been perfectly willing to discuss this account with the person named as the claimant up until now - send a copy to the court.

Can't see it being too much of a problem

We've received the letter for the hearing now.Does anyone know what happens? does she have to turn up to this hearing or is it a closed door thing with the judge???

cheers.