Virgin Contract Cancelled January - still charging & now threat of Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya - wonder if anyone has any advice. Virgin mobile contract cancelled when up for renewal in Jan. Letter sent by recorded delivery and admitted received but not actioned by them. Minutes and monthly charges still added on - phone calls and further recorded delivery letters sent to them and promises of sorting it out. Now threat of default letter from CARS received wanting £102.63 because Virgin hadnt cancelled contract charges from January. Have till Tuesday to pay this amount? Help - any ideas - am thinking of starting Court Action against them for all this hassle.

Hi Cathy, have a look at the thread here, this is what I sent when facing something similar. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-broadband/85336-car-phone-hohouse-their.html

There is a standard letter in the forms section Cathy for telling a DCA where to go if it is disputed debt. Hope this helps. If I was you I honestly wouldnt be overly worried, but then again am not you. You have done everything correctly and you have the proff of that. If they do take it as far as court it will not get them anywhere. You should also keep a log of how much time you spend on letter writing, research etc as costs for time incurred have been awarded in a couple of cases.

• Haha 1

As you have no liability to pay, DON'T be bullied into doing so. Keep your money, and pursue Virgin. It probably won;t need to go to court, but will need some careful negotiations. Also get their assurance in WRITING that your credit record will not be blemished by their errors.

• Haha 1

Hiya - the more I think about it - the more incensed I get with Virgin - knowing the efforts I have made with phone calls, E-Mails and Recorded delivery letters to them - the Recorded Delivery letters which they havent even bothered to reply to!! Now account passed to CARS threatening Default. I really feel now that I want to pursure them either through the Courts { is it possible to do something similar to the MCOL as for Bank Charges - although I know all the terms etc do not apply - so it would have to be reworded very carefully} or is OTELO a worthwhile option ie Have they any teeth or are they just akin to the Phone Companies and paying Lipservice to us? Has anybody used any of these options with recent sucess? Thank you.

You'll probably not get as far as they courts as the (in most cases) the matter is resolved before this, unless incompetence hits high levels. The BEST method of getting this resolved is to deal with ONE person at VM. If you can speak with a supervisor and after explaining the problem ask for an email address so you can get right back with any hanging issues on the matter. This has wiped out all my VM problems and I've an inside track if it goes wrong again without starting from 150 once more.

Hiya Buzby - have done that one - this lad was supposed to sort it all out and get back to me within 7 Days {by 20th April}- had already sent all my previous letters and details into him by recorded delivery and had talked to him at length about all the mistakes that had been made by Virgin. He E-mailed to say he had received it all and was going to talk to his Operations Manager and get back to me within 7 Days - which he did'nt. Then I received a duplicate invoice in the post - so rang Virgin - to be told by a girl that the account didnt show on their system anymore - so me being stupid - thought - great - its all finally sorted out once and for all and account cancelled now!! Have tried ringing the guy again but he's away - on holiday- according to the person I spoke to. Do you think I should ask for the Operations Manager when I ring back - thats if they will talk to me? I used to really admire Richard Branson - can't believe he's got his name on something Virgin on extreme incompetence!!

Are you ex-TW? As I've never heard of an Operations Manager before. ALL your communications with VM are logged so any staff member looking at your file can refer to the notes and see what has happened (or in your case, what hasn't). If the person who promised to deal with your issues has not, then his boss is your next port of call. And DO get an email address, phone numbers don;t work well in call centres!

• 1 month later...

Have finally received letter saying account is clear but that was after more letters from CARS and a threat of a home visit. At the time I had been hospitalised due to spinal probllems and my mail was being brought into hospital for me. Because of all the upset it was causing, I asked to be discharged early so as I could get home to get back on to Virgin to get them to sort it out - yet again!! Basically I'm just writing this to say that I am going to report them to Otelo with all the details of this fiasco as soon as I feel a bit better. Will let u know the outcome!! Reading many other posts here - I see Virgin are gaining a reputation that they will wish they never had because of the hassle and havoc they are causing people!!