Seriously Confused Could Use Some Insight and Advice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK so I've spent the day trying to get my head around all of this.

Now I have S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) information for A, A1, B1, B2 & C, nothing at all for A2.

Also I have footprints on my statements for ALL accounts, so from that I must assume that I did in fact sign for loan A.

So next line of attack is getting disclosure for loan A, full breakdown of this is required.

Now I wonder what will happen when they a/ realise that loan A1 is included twice and b/ they have no records for loan A2.

Now the question comes to mind, should I open up completely to them and explain everything that I have found, or let them work hard on my behalf to see what they turn up ??

This whole thing is a great demonstration of a Responsible Lender.

Bear in mind at the time this was all going on I was earning around £12k !!!!

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so I've spent the day trying to get my head around all of this.

Now I have S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) information for A, A1, B1, B2 & C, nothing at all for A2.

Also I have footprints on my statements for ALL accounts, so from that I must assume that I did in fact sign for loan A.

So next line of attack is getting disclosure for loan A, full breakdown of this is required.

Now I wonder what will happen when they a/ realise that loan A1 is included twice and b/ they have no records for loan A2.

Now the question comes to mind, should I open up completely to them and explain everything that I have found, or let them work hard on my behalf to see what they turn up ??

This whole thing is a great demonstration of a Responsible Lender.

Bear in mind at the time this was all going on I was earning around £12k !!!!

Gee... maybe you should send them a letter, expressly asking for account A2...

Seems they are in a mess:)

Your choice as to whether you want to explain it all yet... personally, i would want to find out how much A2 was actually for, first...

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Tiem for another letter.

Dear BLAH.

Thank you for your letter of BLAH and taking the time to write back to me with regards to this issue. I appreciate the time that you have spent on this outstanding issue.

The contents of your letter have only marginally clarified what I had already surmised and but have failed to resolve this issue to my complete satisfaction.

I believe that it may be prudent at this juncture to request copies of all the appropriate documentation supporting the various elements of the Loan C.

This should include, but not limited to,

• copies of original agreements
  • statement of transactions
  • information concerning any manual intervention
  • any other supporting notes and documentation.

Please consider this a request under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998. I enclose the statutory fee of £10.

Thank you in advance for your continued assistance with this matter.

Yours BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Think that about covers it for the moment.

Comments/suggestions ?

UUN you're with CAG now, very little should scare you.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Letter's fine, just stick it in the post.

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Ben

If you are correct, you can have lots of fun with them

There are a few questions though

They were very kind to "write off some of your debt" and make the rest "interest free". This appears to be a surprise to you. I didn't think that banks spontaneously did kindnesses.

When my son got into difficulties repaying his credit card, the CAB persuaded them to not charge any more interest, they didn't manage to get anything written off. Does the amount written off correspond with A2?

Was that because they realised that some or all of the debts were not collectable for some reason?

If they have added A1 into C twice just think about the affect of the repayments being too high:

They have had an increasing amount of your money each month from the overpayments

You might have paid interest and been charged penalty charges by someone else because you didn't have that money

You might have some adverse record placed on your credit file due to the above

It will be interesting to see what your SAR turns up

Good luck

Grumpy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I'm STILL waiting for compliance of my FULL S.A.R.

All I have received from the OC so far are a couple of standard, send ID and fee letters.

These have been resolved (almost) with a swift call to the complaints people that are dealing with my issue.

So that's nearly 3 months and counting.

Now I know some will say why not issue court action, well at the moment this isn't needed as there's no rush on this one.

IF, in the unlikely event, they file court action then all of this WILL be brought to the Judges attention as they are frustrating my endeavours to resolve this matter.

I'm sure they have twigged exactly what I'm planning, but as ever they are keeping me hanging on while I come back with the exact figures.

Now a quickie, does anyone know the dates when Rule of 78 loans where "outlawed" by the FSA ??

• 1 month later...

Well this morning, after a looooooong wait I received some S.A.R information.

So I now have everything they hold about the FINAL loan, but nothing about the constituent parts, which I specifically requested.

Complete idiots.

Now I shall give them one last chance, otherwise it's time for a court filing to force them to supply EVERYTHING they hold on me, as per my S.A.R fro August 07 !!!

• 4 months later...

Is there an update on this please CB :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

We;; I've got most of the SAR info, but still missing T&C's and one of the credit agreements.

I think I have enough at least to be making a start with, now it;s just a case of finding time to wade through 2 reams of paperwork !!

Right then had some spare time and done some work on this.

So far we have:

Charges inc interest: £1200

PPI: £1000

Settlement: £500

Interest I have calculated at CCI to the date of termination.

Should I push it further ?

so we're looking at £2700

Now the problem I have is one of the loans, A.

The PPI is a total mess. There are TWO policies on this one account and they account for £3700 !!!!

Yes this loan was that large, about £12k. Bear in mind I was earning less than that a year at the time.

Looks like I might have to employ a professional accountant to have a dig through this lot as I'm getting number blind with it.

Either way the final consolidation and subsequent default are complete ball hooks and I will expect them to be removed.

Any comments ?

Did you get the credit agreements for those consolidation loans - they should say what they were supposed to pay off and if you were to get any cash.

Does the PPI match the extra/missing 3K in your original sums?

There should be enough info to reconcile each new loan with full (early)payments of old loans. Presumably the SAR will show repayment plus interest refund. You didn't say whether any of the original loans had PPI. If that was a lump sum loan, there should be a repayment of PPI for the period not required to be covered plus interest.

At least you will finally found out about loan A

As you said much earlier, the really interesting bit will be whether loan C repaid A2 again.

I had difficulty following one account through a DCA, I can understand your difficulty with lots. If you number the sheets as you go through them (you don't have to start at the beginning) you can copy the financial bits / info plus page no into separate spreadsheets per account so you can refer back to the where you got the info

• 2 weeks later...

Curlyben I am intrigued where is your five pager to monument? Have you posted it by any chance would love to view that one:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.”