Halifax 55+ days and nothing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi first post and straight in. I ve sent of Data request to Barclays and recieved it and just sent off my prelim. My Problem is that the Halifax are ignoring my data request. I recieved a letter after 40 days saying its on it ways, coupla days later no dsign- so I sent another template letter 7 days notice, they responded with a duplicate letter from thed orignal 40 day request. I have made a complaint to the ICO electronically but what next?

I have done a search but cant find anything - just going cross eyed. Some advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sid

Hi Sidder, I am helping my brother claim his charges and am having exactly the same problems as you. We have been waiting and waiting, sent the non compliance letter and had the same responses as you. They are def taking the P***!!!!!.

My brother has been phoning them every couple of days - just to keep on there case. To no evail yet.

I have been phoning to - dont know whether it's becaue they are so busy or ineffective. Start looking at taking them to court I think - found the pages and what to do -its daunting but looks like fun!

Just had Barclays back and it's total is £1200 so we'll see what they have been charging cause I KNOW THEY ARE WORSE!

If they still havnt responded then you can file at court.

You will need these...

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

It will cost roughly £63, but you do claim this back.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Sidder,

I too sent a 7 day warning letter after my data request had expired by 44 days. After recieving a 'we are now compiling your statements' letter from the Halifax, I received them in the post today, some 60 days from original request. Hopefully you will recieve your soon. Good Luck.:)

Hi Sidder,

Have the halifax taken a payment from you for the statements? Im having exactly the same problem with them, my 40 days were up on May 9th, no cheque cashed, no response at all. Sent non-compliance letter yesterday.

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...

Ok, I've left it and left it and nothing at all from Halifax; even after reminder letter. NOw I know I have to go to county court. I've read the read up but getting a little confused. Do I have the N1 because they havent provided me with the data on bank charges, or am I going all out reclaim the charges now - I havent the data on charges so i cant see this being the case ... so is this the right form and if so how do i quantify the value. I am going round in circles.

I wish it was a easy as barclays - Ive just sent them the schedule of fees etc so have to wait and see with them.

:-o

I have altered the links above,

everything you need is there to file at court for non compliance.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .