Claiming against Bank will I lose Credit card as well?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

complete newbie here, found out loads of great info already and have discovered that the Nationwide close your account if you claim against them!

I have a question about the following - I have a flex account against which hopefully I will be reclaiming my bank charges and am not really bothered if they close the account, BUT I also have a credit card with the Nationwide and as much as I would like to I can't afford to pay back my outstanding credit at the moment, If I do manage to reclaim my charges with the Flex account will the Nationwide request closure of the Credit Card account as well?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.......

Hi lummpy!

Nationwide have recently changed their stance on automatically closing Claimants Flexaccounts.

They seem to be just 'threatening' to close them.

Although it IS good for U to have considered alternatives!

I doubt very much if Nationwide would 'close' your Credit Card.

They are making too much money from U for that to happen.

U are aware that U can also Claim unlawful Penalty Charges debited from Credit Cards as well aren't U???

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Thanks for the info MilkTrayMan:)

So..... they may not automaticaly close the account, that's good to know and Yes! they are definately making plaenty of cash from our credit card - I have thought about claiming the credit card charges as well but am a little more reluctant as we have such a huge balance oweing!!

But we have had enough of the Nationwide, we missed a direct debit for the house insurance this month and they cancelled our cover:mad: we have been with them for 7 years..........

I am just getting together all our bank account charges and statements at the moment........ Thanks again