Hello any advice or support please?

madatabbey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Just printing the letters out today asking for details of charges from Abbey.

Bit scared,... what should I expect?

Have opened another account and aim to clear overdraft! in Abbey; keeping a small amount being paid in whilst I try to get charges back.

Does that sound like the right thing to do? What is Abbeys response to these letters?

Alison:?:

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there!

Glad you found it to the right forum!

It is hard to tell as the Banks are very inconsistent.

You have opened a parachute account, so worst case scenario, is that they will try and close the account, however when I claimed from abbey, they did not quibble, so each case is different.

As I recall I gave the link for the SAR information - so at this point, when you send the letter off you have 40 days to browse the rest of the site for information.

Some good links to keep -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=6

The above has links on the right - to spreadsheets and various stages.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

The above is a good link to understanding the process.

All the best,

CJ

Thanks so much for your help. Now excited aswell as scared. Determined too! I have been reading some, do I have to clear the overdraft at this stage or can the claim go ahead now?

We have banked with them for 16 years so the charges would cover the debt (I believe).

A

Hi, if they start getting shirty, tell them that the account is in dispute and that as soon as it is settled the matter of the overdraft will be settled. If they insist on some sort of repayment, dont let them badger you into agreeing to something that you cant afford, and make sure that you get it in writing from them, better still, get their name and address and write back to them confirming your conversation, send it recorded and keep it all

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed