Fire proof furnishings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Basically you can leave whatever you want AFAIK. There is no LEGAL difference between furnished, unfurnished and part furnished, other than for tax purposes. Therefore, any furnishings you do leave in the property have to comply with regulations, regardless of how you market it. As long as it is made clear to any prospective tenants what is included and what is not, you should be fine - not making this clear could lead to general breaches of contract law(IE if it was implied that curtains would be supplied and they were not, this is a breach of a parol(oral) contract), and potentially false advertising.

Hope this helps.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Mr Shed; are you sure "The furniture and furnishings (fire) (safety) Regulations apply to curtains???

As far as I am aware curtains are exempt from this regulation!

Not trying to catch you out but I'm sure these do not apply.

Ah thanks, I didn't want to let it without but I'm not sure they have any of the fire tags they need, seems only furniture applies

The Regulations do not apply to:

sleeping bags

bed-clothes (including duvets)

loose covers for mattresses

pillowcases

curtains

carpets

Nicely caught pacmon :) I saw the "as if letting on a furnished basis" and jumped on that rather than on the curtains thing per se - I actually did not know that curtains do not apply, you learn something every day! :)