Pre-lim hearing, what now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, unlike the co-op who gave me my money back without court intervention Barclays have gone the whole nine yards trying to to stall us and intimidate every step of the way.

I returned my partner's allocation Q two weeks ago and now we've been sent a letter asking us to attend for a 10 minute pre-lim hearing.

What I wish to ask is, what will happen and is she far away from getting her money back?

She nearly threw in the towel at the allocation Q stage through fear of losing.

Please post some encouraging news so she doesn't lose sight of what she is trying to acheive. She is worried about being the first to lose a case.

Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Hi Nellio,i think this prelim hearing will be to clear up some minor question the judge has about your case just so he/she can be sure your claim is following the right track.I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry about it too much as you are completely in the right about your claim & the judges know it & are on our sides.I would have thought that if Barclays have to send a representative along to this prelim hearing then they will probably settle up with you shortly rather than shell out for an expensive barrister to attend.I'm currently awaiting an answer from the Judge in response to my allocation Questionaire at Newcastle County Court & so i am very interested in how you do.

I'm in full agreement with you as regards Barclays setting themselves up as the tough nut of the bunch & Hard Balling it all the way,what absolute scumbags.

If you ever did face Barclays in court & lose then i would be the first to congratulate you on sticking up for your rights & costing Barclays an absolute fortune defending themselves & also they would lose millions of customers/potential customers when those people see the contempt this short-sighted Bank has for customers.

You could always call barclays bluff. Phone litigation team and say you have a court date (don't tell them its pre-lim hearing) and tell them your court claim number. You never know they may just settle.

Worth a try!!!!! Good luck

madhouse5:)

• Haha 1

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][U][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue]Barclays bank[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]- £1260.00[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue][B]Settled for £1774.20 - [COLOR=#ff00ff]7th June 2007[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][U][COLOR=red]MBNA - £1994.46 - [/COLOR][COLOR=red]inc contractual int[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]Settled for £2024.00 - [COLOR=magenta]16th April 2007[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo][B]First Direct - £1147.00[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=#4b0082][COLOR=indigo]Settled for £1147.00 -[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff00ff]1st May [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]2007[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=green][B][U]Capital One - £802.83 - inc contractual int[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=#008000]Prelim sent - [COLOR=#ff00ff]28th March 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]LBA sent - [COLOR=magenta]19th April 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

I think it might be worth phoning the bank and say you have a date to attend court (lets not mention its only a prelim-hearing;) ) and you are just ringing to give them the last chance to settle before you go to court. I think with the mention of "court and date" it will spur them into action and possibly settlement!!!! I just think you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain and you could get your money in your account earlier than thought.

Tori:)

The Pre-lim hearing that I was down to have did state on it that the judge may make a decision to make judgment on the case at the pre-lim hearing. I took no chances and got my court bundle sent off ASAP to both the bank and the court via recorded delivery. Waited a week then called Barclays to see if they were going to send me a copy of their papers at which point they settled. Make sure you have completely read the Pre-lim paperwork that was sent to you and act accordingly it is not just a formality to tie up loose ends.

i would do as the people above have said and give barclays a call and ask if they wanted to settle. i did this when i received my prelim date (i didnt let on that it was a prelim date to barclays tho,) they said that they would be happy to settle and they offered me the full amount that i was asking for. the cheque turned up special delivery the next day.