smithie vs barc;ays

smithie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

afternoon all :)

today, is the day i finally decided to get back my money from barclays.

i have spent the last day reading through lots of threads and information, and i feel confident of getting the ball rolling on my claim.

so, first step tonight is to draft my SAR, and get that sent recorded delivery tomorrow morning. then ill play the waiting game, 45-50 days i guess is the standard. still, whatever it takes to proceed, i shall wait. most of the charges have been going on for well over 6 years anyway, so another 2 months wont make any difference!! :D

i shall keep you all posted as it goes along and of course plan to ask amny questions when i get stuck :)

have a good weekend all, and speak soon!

all the best

smithie

:)

then ill play the waiting game, 45-50 days i guess is the standard. still, whatever it takes to proceed, i shall wait.

Once you have sent the SAR give Barclays 40 calendar days to reply-that is what they are allowed under the Data Protection Act.Do not give them any more time than they are allowed.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Once you have sent the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) give Barclays 40 calendar days to reply-that is what they are allowed under the Data Protection Act.Do not give them any more time than they are allowed.

i will of course state 40 days - but reading through other threads, due to backlog of requests at barclays 45 days seems to be about right to recieve them.

of course - i shall complain/write the appropriate letters should the 40 days pass.

cheers

smithie

I appreciate that teh banks are busy.

I have just spoken to Nasty Vest chasing up settlement of my claim for £4587 and they have said that they are receiving over 2000 letters a day!

At the end of the day the banks know that they have 40 days to provide you with the info, so if they are getting swamped why do they not employ some temps to help clear the backlog?.

Stick to the 40 days-do not give them any more time than they are allowed.

PPMAN159

Basically I had issued the court papers and then they came back with a offer that was in the region of what I was claiming so I have accepted and am just waiting for the money to hit the account.

Just in time for the summer

PPMAN159

• 1 month later...

hello all,

just an update. i sent my S.A.R on 21 May, first class recorded - i have gone on to royal mail to track it, but it says:

"Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later. Information on your item is not yet available online."

could this just be that it was posted a long time ago, so information for it has been removed from the system? as it was sent ages ago, surely it cant have NOT been delivered ...

if it has been delivered, by my estimation 40 days have passed - so shall i go ahead and send in the next letter?

i haven't actually been back here for a while - so have actually forgot which letter to send as a reminder of the 40 days being passed - anyone recall what the next step is?

many thanks,

smithie.

send the noncompliance letter ...... also try ringing 0800 282 390 and speak to someone there inform them that there has been no responce to your S.A.R and you are about to send out the letter of noncompliance.

As Saintly says, send the noncompliance letter. Even if your letter never arrived (didn't you check it earlier?) it should hurry them along.

From now on, send everything to the bank by recorded delivery, and check the following day, or until it's arrived!

;)