ian679 v NatWest

ian679

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have just sent my LBA to Natwest for charges to the tune of 4.5K.

I was actualy quite impressed with how quickly the responded to my SAR, I got 6 years+ of statements in a little over two weeks. They have not responded to my initial request as yet. I have sent my LBA to the Customer Relations offices in Borehamwood and also a copy to the registered office to ensure it gets someones attention.

Any advice on the next likely steps would be very appreciated. I have started my N1 form and have it waiting to go should I get the usual 'sorry your not happy/we are considering your claim' letter.

As my claim with interest would be over the 5K mark does that mean that I will have to pay the higher charge of 250 or as the charges alone come to under 5K do I get away with the 150 cour cost?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again,

I received a 'we are looking into you claim' in response to my initial letter immediately following my LBA. Nearly three weeks have since passed and on Friday 1st June I filed my claim via MCOL and sent a covering letter and two copies of my schedule of charges to the court.

Ifrom reading the forums most of my questions and concerns have been addressed however, on checking my account today NatWest have taken a further charge for £28. This latest charge was not included in my total amount in the particulars of claim. Can my particulars of claim be amended to include this latest charge ??? and any others that Natwest impose for being a couple of quid short on a Direct Debit?

Thanks again

Ian

Your particulars of claim can be altered by submitting a form N244 but that costs £35 which you can't claim back. Obviously it is not wort it to add £28 to your claim.

Your best bet now is to wait until this claim is settled and then start a new claim

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

• Haha 1

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Hi Ian, you can change your poc and schedule of charges at the court stage, but it'll cost you £35 to do so (non-refundable). This is the link you'll need to make any changes Form N244 - application notice

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

hedgey - do try and keep up :D

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.