Data Protection Act compliance

Mistermind

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For the info of the many claimants disgruntled about non-compliance on Data Protection Act. You do not need to launch such a lawsuit, just to wave the precedent in the air and demonstrate to noncompliers that you know how to do it, and what it will cost them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80804-tom-brennan-natwest-must-32.html post number #637

In the small claims track from what I have seen, you dont have to ask permission to sue for damages and exemplary damages, I had a little bit of experience at that in my case against the RBOS, It started off in the fast track and it was the Judge who moved it up to the Fast tack, I also asked for damages and exemplary damages.................but before you can ask for exemplary damages you first have to prove actual financial loss.

You dont have to ask for permission if you prove "loss" you then have to prove your case for damages............its really TWO cases in one.

You can claim up to £100.000 in the County Courts

Exemplary damages are damages that can be awarded as a punishment in Retribution (Law of Retribution) for a civil wrong that has been made against the Claimant. This is really a fine that is ordered but instead of it going into the courts coffers it goes to the Claimant.

In my case I could not give enough proof of financial loss so therefore could not claim for the damages I claimed, which included exemplary damages. Even though I "won " my Data Protection Claim.

sparkie