overdraft charges @ barlcays, etc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello :)

great site.

i am about to start compiling a list of charges (mainly overdraft) that have been taken out of my account for a number of years.

a quick question;

one month, i set up a standing order to go into an account that my mortgage was due to come out of.

however, barclays for some reason didnt transfer the money until AFTER the mortgage direct debit had been requested (same day), and as a result i got charged £40 odd pound as a DD refusal.

clearly, this is barclays fault - i had requested the money to be in on time, yet they still charged me for the DD. not only that, but that now shows (i believe) as a missed payment on my part on my mortgage. great when i had planned to remortgage after my first year (i started mortgage in august)

my quesiton is, can i also claim any other sort of money back from barclays, for this widespread cost? it may not be in money but im not sure if it has on effect on my credit, etc.

anyone that can shed any light - much appreciated.

on a more general note, if anyone else has requested overdraft charges from barclays, please could you be so kind as to provide me with some more info - esp. with the letters. i really dont have much idea when it comes to law, and want to cover my back as much as possible and make sure my claim is valid and will be listened to.

kind regards

smithie

:)

As Poppy says you will be best off to set up your own thread in the Barclays area under Smithie V Barclays.

This way other Barclays claimants can view your thread and offer advice and guidance.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.