Greebs v Barclaycard

greebs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all and firstly thanks to all who have submitted advice on here as it has been invaluable.

My story.

I have £1220 in charges over the p[ast 4 years and sent of the SAR and got the standard 2 years worth of statements and the microfiche excuse.

I evetually got the microfiche stuff as well although it did fall way beyond the 40 days, Id been involved in other things and hadnt noticed how much time had lapsed.

I have now sent off a letter (taken from the templates on this site) requesting a full refund of the amount £1220, although I decided against asking for interest as if im honest I was too lazy to work it all out.

My current balance is only £448 and on the assumption that the first thing they do is offer me the difference between £20 and £12 I will then be getting back £440.

I guess thats when the fun starts as the account can be closed by myself paying the last £8 which I would like to do but then I have to fight for the remaining balance owed (£780).

Like others before I will keep you updated as to my progress but thought it worth mentioning that the Data protection request does work even though they take their sweet time about it. At least it did for me and ive not really chased them up too much so far.

Hi Greebs,

Well done so far, you are on the right track. You can't claim interest until you file at court anyway, so no harm done yet. You might want to reread the 'step-by-step' guide again :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

So you are sure you know what is going to happen next. If you hang on in there you will get your £1220 back WITH interest, and any court fee's you may have to pay, I did. See here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/42260-alex-barclays.html

Good luck,

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Update:

Last week I sent of a request for return of the £1220 in charges i had on my account.

This was the first letter I had sent after receiving my statements and was from the templates on this site.

I haven't yet received a reply in writing but logged on to my barclaycard account this morning to notice i have been credited £440 as a LATE PAYMENT REFUND.

This is only the difference between the £20 and £12 as previous people have stated, but at least its a step in the right direction.

Now awaiting the letter to which I will obviously reply stating I accept the refund as part payment but will continue for the rest.

Oooh that seems quick - excellent! I'm still waiting for my statements (40 days not up yet) but I hope they're quick with me too. I won't hold my breath. Good luck with the rest of your claim Greebs.

GG

Capital One: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 14 Nov 06, Prelim 8 Dec 06, LBA 10 Jan 07, MCOL 1 Mar 07. Settled in full 2 Apr 07. :)

HSBC: Prelim 27 Feb 07, LBA 10 Apr 2007, Received offer 25 Apr 07. Rejected 2nd May 07. Received new offer 22 May 2007. Accepted 22 May 2007. Settled.

Barclaycard: SAR 2nd May 2007.