Help with Abbey SAR needed PLEASE

mxwll77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, am fairly new to this and was wondering if anyone can help.

I sent my SAR letter off to abbey on the 20th April and have received a set of statements for the last 12 months today. No letter, just the statements. I have had my account for over 7 years. I think this is a ploy by these scumbags to slow things down. Does anyone know what is the best approach here? Should i resend the SAR letter giving them another 40 days or send another letter reminding them of their obligation under the data protection act, keeping to the timeframe of the 1st letter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, this is all normal, you get the first year or so fairly quickly as they hold that on their systems, the rest will come shortly, i would suggest sending the non compliance letter now to chivvy them along a bit

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

hi, and no don't give them more time then they need. If you sent the SAR template that's on this site then all is fine, its up to you. You could leave it till the 40days run out or write them a quick note saying thanks but you still need the rest of your statements for the lats 6 years as you are aware that they have been able to provide others with info past the 6 year period (i'm sure they have done this).

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there!

If you sent the SAR from here and the £10 and they have only sent 12 months of statements, they are in breach of the data protection act as your request was clear.

The next step is to send them a non compliance letter -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Template 1.

Send it addressed clearly to

Data Controller

Abbey Head office address.

Make sure you keep proof of postage! If you hear nothing back within 7 days from the date they would have received it, post back and someone will let you know the next step.

All the best with your claim

CJ