Help Please

elmo73

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am helping my neighbour with her claim to with Abbey National, she sent off for her statements 6 weeks ago now and has only recieved this years statements.

Could someone point me in the right direction for the letter that she needs to send to hurry them along!

Thanks in advance

I sent this to them. Hope it helps

I acknowledge receipt of the information you forwarded (statements from xxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxx).

My request was for a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my account for the past six years – in short, a list of charges with dates and amounts – alternatively, a complete set of account statements for that period will be acceptable. This should be retrievable from your accounting systems, and easy for you to produce. I will accept a computer print out of these transactions.

I understand that your Microfiche System was inspected by a team from the Information Commissioners Office, and that they have ruled that your system is a Relevant Filing System under the terms of the Data Protection Act. I therefore expect you to fully comply with my request within the prescribed 40-day timescale.

This letter has been sent by fax and first class recorded delivery – as you will be aware, as of the date at the top of this letter you only have xxxxxdays in which to comply with my request (which was received by your office on xxxxxxx by recorded delivery). As stated above, a complete set of account statements for the period in question will be acceptable; however, I expect this to be provided within the time period for DPA compliance.

Should there be any further attempts to delay compliance, I will be left with no alternative but to commence a County Court Action under Section 7, and Section 15(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998, and in due course, escalate this matter into an official complaint to the Information Commissioner and the FSA.