Natasha V Abbey (confused?)

Natasha
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

I've read through the FAQ but i'm not sure which letter in the libarary i have to send off to request my statements from Abbey!

Please could someone be so kind to tell me the title of the thread i need for the letter in the library?

Many thanks

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

Many thanks Dave! :D

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

Should i send my DPA letter to

Data Protection Team

Regulatory Compliance

Abbey House

201 Grafton Gate East

Milton Keynes

MK9 1AN

With a cheque for £10?

I have read this in another thread, do you think that will be the best bet to get all of my statements?

And....

I have put in my letter to supply statements since my account was opened, i didnt put a date just put "since my account was opened" is that acceptable?

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

Ok thanks dave.

To get the lits of charges etc should i send a cheque of to the above address?

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

Sorry to be a bit thick about this but do I?

1. As I don’t know the exact amount send the DPA letter to the Abbey and when I get the records and then………………

2. When I get a reply from them detailing the charges send the letter and spreadsheet detailing my claim?

Eric you have to start your own thread, then people can answer your questions better and then your questions wont get lost in my thread. :)

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

Just merging my two posts.

Quote from my other post

I'm really depressed now just received my statement i have £145 worth of charges coming out on the 17th which means i cant make my mortgage payment i really dont know what to do now....

-£20 overlimit fee

-£35 for returned abbey loan direct debit

-£30 for visa payment of £1.99

-£30 for visa payment of £1.99

-£30 for visa payment of £1.90

Total £145.00

I have already worked out my finances for this month to make sure i dont go over drawn and it all adds up if i stick to my budget, which i will but now its all messed up!!

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

Well i called abbey this morning, i'm continually getting more and more nervous and stressed each time i call, to the point where i came up with blotches on and around my neck! :(

Got through and spoke to someone in India, i told him they were very unfair charges and that why are they so high?

He said the charges are valid and he cant refund them and just said that the bank sets the charges at that price.

I mentioned about my "abbey mortgage" coming out on the same day and that i couldn't afford to pay it if they took out the charges.

He said well if you have funds in another account then you can transfer the money over???????? :?: does he think i'm stupid :x i said well if i had the money to transfer over then i wouldn't be calling you would i???????!!

He said he will send me some leaflets about how to take my complaint to higher authorities :roll:

So i had to call my abbey mortgage and explain to them, they guy said that i will get a default on my mortgage account, which they have never said to me before when I've previously called them to make arrangements :?:

God i'm so angry :evil:

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

He said he will send me some leaflets about how to take my complaint to higher authorities

Well that's good service. The banks now issuing leaflets on hehalf of the Courts Service. Very helpful :D

I asked this question in a different part of the forum. I don't know if this is of any use to you but have a look.

http://www.bankactiongroup.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1391

I hope not, I am just about to renegotiate my mortgage with the thievin' gits!!!

Letters sent for two accounts 8/03/06 - 40 days= 17th April

Reminders sent 5th April (along with cheque) 12 Days to go...

Rang Abbey 1600 18/04/06 asking where info is....

Sent Letter to Infomation Commissioner 18/04/06

It would take consderable proceedings to foreclose on a mortgage.

Bu best to try and keep the mortgage sweet. Nice to have one area of tranquility n your life.

thanks guys

I will definately open another account, but i dont know about paying my wages into another account just yet because i have a £2400 overdraft :shock: with them at the moment and they would demand it back if our wages were not going into the account, which i dont think i can handle right now.

I should be able to pay my mortgage payment by the end of the month which should hopefully stop any default from showing on the account.

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

Just had a reply to the DPA act letter i sent to;

Abbey house

201 grafton gate east

milton keynes

MK9 1AN

with a £10 cheque.

Dear Natasha,

thank you for your letter, which was recieved here on 13th march 2006.

I note that your are requesting a complete list of transactions and charges on the above account number, as well as details about any manual interventionthat may have taken place in relation to your account.

As you are requesting for specific information, Abbey will deal with this without you having to make a request under the data protection act. I have therefore forwarded your letter onto our complaints department for them to deal with and they will be in contact with you in due course. The information will be forwarded to you free of charge and as such i have duly returned your £10 cheque.

If the data you receive does not satisfy your requirements, you still wish to make a subject access request under the data protection act. I have enclosed an information sheet outlining our procedures.

I trust this meets your requirements.

Yours sincerely

Sheena small

Data protection consultant

They have enclosed a sheet detailing about DPA and a subject access form if i need it.

So does this mean they can take as long as they like now??

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

• 2 weeks later...

just recieved quite few pages of transactions,etc breakdown only up to 26/7/04 i only found one charge in that lot.

I believe most of the charges come after 26/07/04 to present, so i will wait a few days see if the rest is coming in the post if not i will send them a little reminder. 17 days left remaining

Edit- i should also add i logged on to my internet banking and requested statements from 2002, so this could be a reply to my statement request and not my DPA

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing so i will send them a reminder that the clock is ticking!! :rolleyes:

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

• 2 weeks later...

well its now been 41 days since i have requested the DPA information which they refused to give and said its a matter for customer services.

I have only recieved half of the information the first two years where only one charge occurred i'm still waiting for the 2004 to present information where all of the charges occured!!

Whats your advice?

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

If it was me, I would write to them, and go into you nearest branch with the letter and ask them to fax it to 01908 344558 which is the DPA teams number, and ask for a copy of the confirmation sheet once it is faxed.

If you want to do it tommorrow, your best bet would be to go into the nearest branch thats in a shopping centre. Give the normal customer services number (08457654321) a ring they should be let you know which branches are open.

Re: Data Protection Act 1998 Disclosure Request

I write with reference to your letter dated , in response to my Disclosure Request under the Data Protection Act.

Your letter explained that you can send out the information that I asked for without the need to make a Subject Access Request. I would draw your attention to the fact that regardless to how you would like to deal with the request, it has still been made as a Subject Access Enquiry, and as such you had 40 days to comply

As you are aware, Bank statements do come under the heading of ‘data’ and therefore should be included in a request for data under the Data Protection Act. An example of this can be found in the Information Commissioners Case Summary for Durant Vs Financial Services Authority - 2003 which states that transactional and statement information is covered by the Data Protection Act.

You will also be aware that the 40 days time limit is now past. However as a gesture of goodwill, I will extend this deadline by a further seven working days from the date of this letter.

Failure to comply with this request will result in me making reporting the breach to the Information Commissioner, and filing a claim for an estimated amount of £3500 without further notice.

I await your response.

Yours Sincerely

Hope this helps

Ex Abbey Staff....

Abbey 15/4/06 SAR. microfiche argument, filled for breach DPA. defence rec'd

LBA sent claiming £3180 estimated

Capital One - Full refund

MBNA Letter sent requesting money back 1st July

Surely if it's 40 days+ you can report them to the information commissioner? Is this not a breach of DPA rules? Or does this not apply if some information has been received albeit not the relevant stuff?

Why not contact them and tell them this is what you intend doing? It might work.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

Yeah your right, they need to supply everything youve asked for to comply with the act, or state why they cannot.However its worth bearing in mind that if you give them another chance and they still dont comply, it only makes the case with the information commisoner stronger. At the end of the day after waiting 40 days for it another 7 wont hurt too much.

If you report them I reckon they would say that it was a "misunderstanding" and as far as they were concerned you were happy with them treating it like a normal request for statements. Or they will say that they had posted it, and that as far as they knew you had recieved it!!!!!! If they've done the job properly the complaints team will have a copy themselves for when the claim goes in, so the minute they know you aint playing anymore they will get another copy out sharpish

Ex Abbey Staff....

Abbey 15/4/06 SAR. microfiche argument, filled for breach DPA. defence rec'd

LBA sent claiming £3180 estimated

Capital One - Full refund

MBNA Letter sent requesting money back 1st July

• 2 weeks later...

I think i am going to go crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: :o :sad::-x:x

Arhhhgggg............. sorry i'm trying to vent

i called customer services and complained that i hadnt recieved ALL information that i requested 44 days ago about my account charges,etc and after explaining the whole situation she said she would send out the information........

(i need JULY 2004 to PRESENT)

She sent me out ONE month, i received 16/6/04 - 26/7/04 i am so bloody mad!!!!!:mad:

I have sent an email clearly asking for JULY 2004 to present and that if i dont receive the infomation within 7 days i will go to information comissioner and make a complaint!

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

My 40 days have passed too. I've just written to them (recorded delivery) threating them with the Data Protection Commissioner. I'm a bit wary of e-mails; I know they have a bit more legal standing now than they used to, but I don't think they're as much evidence as a recorded delivery slip.

I don't understand why you're letting them give you the run around.

Report them for failure to comlply with the DPA immediatly.

You have nothing to lost and everything to gain by doing so.

The bank can access that information within 40 days easily. This is a deliberate attempt to make you give up.

Don't stand for it.

If the IC has "a word" and they still do not comply then I, personally would take action against them for failure to comply with the DPA.

but I don't think they're as much evidence as a recorded delivery slip.

The CPRs state that this is an acceptable form of proof of sending.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I totally understand what your saying dave but because they declined my DPA request and sent back my cheque and said its a matter for customer services, can i still make a complaint for it not being within the 40 day limit?

This is where i feel there is a grey area......

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

After my threatening email i just recieved 9 separate letters from abbey which included my statements from July 2004 to april 2005 what a bloody waste of paper!

Each letter included a leaflet what a waste why couldnt they have put them all in one envelope? :evil:

Well at least i've got most of the information i need to work out my charges!

Off to work out my charges now!

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks