Bt Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My boyf is with BT he had a bill and had problems paying so they turned of his broadband and telephone line. Now hes paid(fri 4th) it and was told that after he payed he wud be reconnceted within 24hrs. by monday hes still not reconnected, monday he fones and they say it takes 24hrs for the phone line and then by wed his broadband still on, he was told on tuesday he wud have to pay a 50pound reconnection fee (which he was never told about) wed hes still not on, now they fink there is something up with line and he may get charged over 100pound for call out fee, even tho he hasnt touched the line since its been off

wat should i tell him to do?

I can't help with the reconnection fee issue - however if the line worked fine before they removed service, and it doesn't work after reconnection, it sounds as though the 'fault' is in their reprovision of service, and not something chargeable to the customer, BT in this instance is very much in the frame.

Hi Little Star,

Sorry to hear that your boyfriend lost his service with BT.

Depending on the status of his a/c broadband will still work even if the phone has been disconnected (TOS'd in BT jargon). If the a/c has been TOS'd then it will need to be reconnect for around £35 which will be added to his next phone bill.

With regards the call out fee escalate the matter to a manager if your bf is charged and he will get it back 'cos the more he shouts about it the greater the chance he'll get it back works every time. ;)

As the line has not been reconnected get the advisor to speak to credit management who will issue a reconnection request again and this should do the trick.

Hope this helps,

Insp C

Abbey - £1100 - Court 18/05/07 - Won in Full 12/05/07

First Direct - Next (pending as 6+ years)

MBNA - PPI charges - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Started 10/05/07

I managed to sort it out, after him and his mate callin all week maybe it just needed a womans touch. haha i phoned up they sed they reconnected the phone line but not the broadband, it wasnt ordered and i had to order it for him, the simpleist thing turned it something really difficult because the people at bt arent prepared to listen and fix things properly. why tell them all week it will be on in the next 24 hours, get a fella out to even check the phone line when they know he hasnt ordered it? so after a whole week of this messing around it will take now 5 working days for the broadband to come on, i still thing i should sent a complaint letter, and maybe even a bill of the emount of times ive had to call them, the lenght ive had wait, UNBELIEVABLE!

thanks everyone for your help with this matter!:)