Barclays Closing Account?

kaaan46
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm interested in peoples experiences with Barclays closing their account after claiming unlawful charges.

Could anybody share whether Barclays have closed their account when they claimed?

I'd be particulary interested in whether they closed those who accepted the 'good will gesture' and whether they closed those who went to court for the full amount?

I'm also interested in how overdrafts and loans were handled following account closures, I hear they pass the debt to debt collection who demand full payment? This would be a serious problem for me.

Thanks for anybody who can share their personal experience with closure, oustanding OD's/loans and Barclays. Just trying to build up a base of experiences to detect any patterns in their policy on this.

I dont think Barclays are to hot on closing accounts. It better for them to keep the account open as they make money on it that way. No Business sense to close an account with money in is the ?

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

Yeah that makes sense. I suppose they'd rather charge you hideous interest and APR rates than lose your business altogether.

Thanks.

I have used the search tool to have a good rummage through existing threads of this nature (so I apologise for the duplicity).

It seems Barclays don't make a habit of closing accounts with few exceptions which tend to be people going consistently over their allowed borrowing amount or those trying for a second claim.

I'd still be interested to hear from anybody who's had their account closed and whether they owed anything and how that was handled, and anybody who has an overdraft/loan but has made a succesfull claim without their account being closed.

I consistently went over my O/D month after month after month and I still owe them a rather large O/D. I pay in a nominal amount every month (£30) which will take me forever to pay it off, dont use the account anymore and they have not asked me to pay it back. I am in the middle of posting my claim to the courts though, I will update if they do then!!

Barclays - claiming £2710!

Offered £2030! Offer rejected, filed MCOL 21/05/07!

Abbey - Settled!