• Tweets

• NEPP wins big at the British Parking AwardsView the full article
    • Yes, i know its still under 6 months, They gave me £850, made me sign for it so basically i dont know where i stand. i feel like i been stitched up
    • Hi all, I hope someone can offer me advice regarding how my Landlord and the local council housing officer dealt with new tenancy agreement.   By chance on the 9th September while checking an email account I don't use much, I noticed a message from the council housing officer who deals with the tenancy agreement between myself and private Landlord, chasing up a new agreement from my LL Much to my shock and horror, the Landlord had first relayed the new tenancy agreement to her back in early February along with a section 13 notice of a rent increase of £159 per month from 1/3/2021.  She sent this to my email address on 4/2/21, again I did not see this and it then got lost among the hundreds of junk emails I get every day. I received no other forms of correspondence, no letters to my home address, not texts and no phone calls. She chased this up on 29/5/21 again by the same email address and nothing else, again this was missed by me. Finally on the 9/9/21 she chased it up again, asking if I wanted to sign the new agreement. I only noticed this by chance as I had been flagged to a school email so was checking my inbox. I was in total shock that for over 7 months this had been sitting there outstanding and never once, other than the times I've mentioned, did either the LL or housing officer bother to try and contact me by other means and that I was now in a very difficult situation indeed. I have lived in my home for 10 years 6 months and have often gone for long periods of time between the end of one tenancy agreement (assured shorthold) to the signing of another and what with all the carrying on with covid this year, I hadn't really given it a second thought that I'd not heard from the LL Sorry this is dragging on, please bare with me.....🙏 I receive LHA which has been paid at the three bedroom entitlement, which covered my rent. I have three kids 12 (girl) 15&17 both boys, so now entitled to the 4 bed rates, so the increase isn't a problem for it being paid - BUT as this has been left so long, I'm now according to the LL 7 months in arrears for the increased amount and owe them £1113!!! If they'd made me aware back in February I would have applied for the increase straightaway as it makes no difference to me  I've informed them that I will sign a new contract starting from the 16th of September as that is when the LHA has been increased from, but they are ignoring me.   Surely the poor means of correspondence and lack of communication by them isn't my fault so I shouldn't be held accountable for any arrears? As far as I'm concerned I've still been on a rolling contract all this time at the original rent, which has been paid on time every month?   Well done if you got this far and thanks for any advice 😊 Lisa  
    • Hi Its been over  2 months  since my last post  here and over 4 months since I bought car   and I dont know whats to do regarding   Car Dealer. BankFodder promised me help in writting letter of claim before taking court action but I havent heard from him since end of August.  I did everything BankFodder asked me for  ( paid 90 £ to  find out cause of car  wibration , preapared emails and text messages in pdf format , registered on MCOL , etc) . I value and appreciate advice from Bank Fodder.   I know I have chance in court and I want to take that risk .  Even If I loose at least I tried.   I would like to ask  you for help and  advice .  And sorry for my wording english is not my first language.
    • Discover Commis Chef Apprenticeships with Green And Fortune and #CreateYourFutureView the full article
  • Our picks

bigal75 v Barclays. ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi folks new to all this and not very good with computers :?

basically i trawled through 6 years of statements and found £3000 worth of referral fees where i have gone over my limit,i take it these are the charges when you go overdrawn.

are these the charges you can reclaim or is it just the fees for the bank sending a direct debit back ?

can you claim back for all these referral fees,many thanks in advance,

Mr Confused !

ps i sent a registered letter with copies of statements to barclays today with template letter but just a bit worried as i don`t want to look stupid and it seems to good to be true

hi folks new to all this and not very good with computers :?

basically i trawled through 6 years of statements and found £3000 worth of referral fees where i have gone over my limit,i take it these are the charges when you go overdrawn.

are these the charges you can reclaim or is it just the fees for the bank sending a direct debit back ?

can you claim back for all these referral fees,many thanks in advance,

Mr Confused !

ps i sent a registered letter with copies of statements to barclays today with template letter but just a bit worried as i don`t want to look stupid and it seems to good to be true

Hello and welcome, in this thread it explains what you can claim back. Also if you read the FAQS and step by step instructions this will explain it for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-user-guide-contacts-list.html?garpg=6

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

• 2 months later...

Hi people

Barclays have said they will go to court as i have gone a few months over the six years limit !!!

Does this matter as if i went to court i would just wave these extra couple of months ?

Are they trying to scare me or do they have a case ?

Help would be greatly appreciated.....

It sounds like part of barclays standard defence .... im sure they will settle in full just before the court date ..... but you might want to wait for someone with more experience to answer

Hope that helps ... Saint ;)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Threads merged, please stay on 1 thread per claim, it makes things easier to follow.

They have 3 choices:

1 - Admit the charges are unlawful, then you tell them that you're happy to let the judge decide if some of the charges are statute-barred or not.

2 - Pay up as a "goodwill gesture" or because it is "uneconomical to defend", in which case what does have the 6 yrs limit have to do with it? They are paying to make you go away, and only full payment of ALL charges will make that happen.

3) They can try to scare you into going away by feeding you some lines of legalese.

Which one do you think they're doing? :-D

What you apologising for?

We're all here to help, and we all (probably?) started out asking what looked like daft questions.

Get positive. you WILL win!

;)

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Hi everyone,

Firstly, this is a fab site so thank you to everyone for making it happen and keeping it going. :)

Secondly, I've just recieved a notice that my case is being transferred to County Court as Barclays have submitted a defence. Is this normal and, having read many of the threads, do I just sit tight and wait for the offer?

Also, what's the chances of claiming punitive damages? I know there's a high profile case going through the courts at the moment but does anyone have any experience of going further than just the charges?

Once again, thanks for all your help. ;)

Hi everyone,

Firstly, this is a fab site so thank you to everyone for making it happen and keeping it going. :)

Secondly, I've just recieved a notice that my case is being transferred to County Court as Barclays have submitted a defence. Is this normal and, having read many of the threads, do I just sit tight and wait for the offer?

Also, what's the chances of claiming punitive damages? I know there's a high profile case going through the courts at the moment but does anyone have any experience of going further than just the charges?

Once again, thanks for all your help. ;)

Its much better if you start your own thread then you arnt hijacking someone elses thread .. its normal for B's to submit a defence

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Sorry everyone little help needed,,,

Recieved notice of transfer proceedings today (going to epsom cc)

Couple of questions

without hearing ? it says the filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the district judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise ?

What does this mean and do i now just wait for the allocation questionnaire now as i recieved notice of transfer and a defence and counter claim form /

I take it i have nothing to sign (by the looks of it) do i just wait now until the court write to me again /

Not being stupid just frightened i will mess up.

I am reading up everywhere on the site just if someone could kickstart me off i will be eternally grateful................cheers

it says the filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the district judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise ?

Exactly what it says. For the most part, the allocation questionaire is being dispensed with on claims through MCOL.

Just wait now until you hear from the courts.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

you wont get an AQ through, the courts are trying to speed things along. back to the waiting game but you could always start thinking about your court bundle as thats one of the next steps after the court has got back to you.

Barclays Bank - WON :-D

Virgin - Sent N1 form

Lloyds TSB - waiting for court case to end

Egg - WON :grin:

Barclaycard - statements sent for

Halifax - statements sent for

CHEERS Rooster, looking at things that are not there i think,(beginning to panic) what is the best thread for showing me what i should start putting into my bundle for court ?...... many thanks again

Hi I claimed through MCOL and was just transfered to my local court and although the AQ has been dispensed with, today i recieved a request to pay £100 so off to the court tomorrow to pay. This will probably happen to you too, so be prepared

Barclays have put a big defence in against me.

1 The particulars of claim do not provide details of the precise charges alleged to have been unlawful etc etc ( i sent highlighted statements back which showed the fees,do not say Barclays took them but who else would ?)

2 I have gone two months over the 6 year period

3 well i think the rest are just standard so..

Should i be worried or not

any help greatly appreciated.........thanks

Nope ....... its all the standard defence

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Dont you ever sleep dar£n lol

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

I too have recieved a similar defence, which were copies. I am worried on what happens next? I was sent an order that states that 'the filing of an allocation questionnare be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the courtof transfer orders otherise'.

This was sent on 09/05/07 since then I have been waiting. Can anyone help me on this issue.......please?

Recieved a letter from Epsom court today that without hearing my case is being switched to Guildford court

It is ordered that Pursuant to the order of his honour Judge **** q.c,designated judge of the Surrey group of courts

it is ordered the case be transfered to Guildford

Should i be worried ? why have they changed courts ?

Any help will be greatly welcomed.................cheers:idea: