• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

bigal75 v Barclays. ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please keep to one thread only .. there is no need to start a new thread for every question you have .... by keeping to one thread others know exactly what you have done/received previously

In answer to your question it could be that Guilford court is being assigned the bank cases

Threads merged again.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 1 month later...

Hi folks just recieved this from Guidford County Court

DIRECTIONS

1 the claim is allocated in the small claims track

2 the hearing will take place at a time and place and date which will be notified to the parties

3 the defendant shall not later than 4pm on 16 July serve on the claimant and lodge at court a document answering the following questions (a) is the case intended to be defended to and at trial ? (b) does the defendant intend to apply to adduce expert evidence ?

4 if the defendant fails to lodge at court a document in accordance with paragraph 3 above the defence shall stand struck out and judgement be entered for ythe claimant for the amount claimed and costs comprising the issue fee and any allocation fee paid

5 each party shall serve on the other the witness statements of all witnesses (other than expert witnesses on whom they intend to rely

6 no party may adduce expert evidence unless an application for permission to adduce such evidence has been made and granted

7 no party may rely on the evidence of any witness whose statement has not been served in accordance with this order without further permission from the court

8 no more than seven nor less than three clear workind days before the trial date the claimant shall file at court an indexed and paginated bundle of documents which complies with the requirements of rule 39.5 of the civil procedure rules and the practice thereto,and shall serve a copy of it on the defendant.The claimant shall endeavour to agree the contents of the bundle with the defendant before it is filed.If the claimant fails to file a trial bundle in accordance with this direction the claim shall be struck out and the actions dismissed without further order

9 because this order has been made by the court without considering representations from the parties ,the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside ,varied or stayed. A party wishing to make an application must send or deliver the application to the court(together with the appropiate fee)to arrive within seven days of service of this order

Just got back from Ibiza so not really with it so does this mean i now send my court bundles to the court and Barclays (together with the fee, is it £100 ?)

Are witness statements the things like Love v Wilson, Dunlop tyre co etc

And do i send my bundle to Adrian St John at Legal and compliance Barclays

MANY MANY thanks to anyone who can set me straight.......

Al, that's brilliant!

the Judge has given Barclays a week to tell the court whether they'll be turning up or not!

If they don't reply by the 16th, their defence will be rejected, and you've won!

you don't need to do anything yet; wait for a court date to be sent to you, and you have to submit your bundle 3-7 working days beforehand.

looks like this judge has run out of patience with the banks' continual stalling tactics!

:D :D

Cheers you have made my day (as well as the judge) don`t want to blow it now, got my bundle ready so just wait for court date now then ? . Not sure if i should send a nudge letter or wait ? cheers mate

It might just be worth contacting their litigation team, remind them of the directions, and it should prompt them to settle now, rather than wait for judgement to be given against them!

Do you know which of the team is handling your claim? If not you can find all their emails and numbers at: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

Send to them all!!

;)

Thanks i have e mailed Dino, i know the solicitor is Adrian St John though, i have lost the paperwork which has my revised charges on it (interest etc) which is a pain cos i don`t remember how much i am claiming for !!!!

Not good but hoping my friend has it on his computer as i can`t find it anywhere, anyway cheers i will let you know how i get on

I have won, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, after 6 months the bank failed to submit.

Phoned court today,just waiting for the piece of paper from court to confirm.

I would like to thank everybody ,could not do it without you.

Donation coming soon as i get my hands on the money.

One last thing i have to redo all the interest on all the charges

So my final "bill" so to speak should consist of bank charges inc interest amd the £100 from MCOL is there anything else to add ?

Thanks will let you know in a couple of weeks

That's great news! I particularly like the bit about the judge getting fed up with all of this. Fingers crossed this catches on! Well done Al. Enjoy your winnings!

nickyc

nickyc

26.06.07 Prelim letter sent

02.07.07 Acknowledgement received

12.07.07 LBA sent

28.07.07 Received Barclays standard OFT letter

29.07.07 Lost it :?

14.08.07 Recovered and back on track :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi bigal

Chin up, you have a Win and now you have the chance to send it the baliffs! :D You won't be the first who has had to get the knuckle brigade involved and as you probably know, the fees for arranging court BLs is added to the debt being chased.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

I recently went to court to get Barclays to settle and was greeted by their barrister who advised that as Barclays are involved in this test case they are pushing for a stay. I eventually agreed to a stay after talking with the judge although I got the impression he'd have been happy to hear the case and make an award. However, Barclays would then be entitled to claim the money back, apparently, if the test case went in the banks favour.

I have since got a letter from Barclays advising the same and that they will not entertain anything further regarding this complaint until after the test case. This is probably why Barclays still aren't paying up. However, if you have a judgement then send in the bailiffs. :D

Oh, and for those who don't know, the test case in set for hearing next January... That's 2008! District judges still appear to be happy to make a judgement but be aware that the banks may be entitled to claim the money back if the test case goes in their favour.

Also, my District Judge took the time to commend me on my court bundles and said that of all the bank charges cases he'd judged, mine was the only one that followed the requirements as set down in the summons. He also said it was essential for people to do the same if they want to succeed against the banks.

Just a bit of free advice for my fellow pioneers. :)

Very interesting what court was this in?

Though you are correct in saying that they would beable to claim money back, I dont think they would. They are expecting to lose. Also if they do decide to claim back of you then it would not be automatic they would have to appeal against the decision in your favour, more lengthy court processes and expense. I dont think they would be bothered to be honest...

Plus there is no way the banks can win this :-) lol

Barclays T&C Databse

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

It was Macclesfield Court.

There was another bank charges case there too and their banks barrister got them to agree to a stay too. Part of me wishes I'd stood my ground and fought the case there and then but it was the first time I'd ever been in a court and was unsure of my footing so err'd on the side of caution.

Having heard your take on the process for the banks claiming back their money then I wish I had gone through with it. Ah well, will just have to wait until Jan and accept the additional 8% interest. :o)

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

phoned court and they have sent me forms for bailiffs

barclaycard just phoned up and told me i owe them £72 will i make a payment ? i said not until they pay the £4000 they owe me from the 9th of August ( i also said i was calling in the bailiffs)

his curt reply was that if i don`t pay then to expect someone on my doorstep on Thursday !!!!!!!!!

suffice to say i went beserk down the phone at him and hung up.

should i not pay it until they pay me my money ? or am i being petty ?

• 4 weeks later...