• Tweets

• Ok, thank you dx. I was struggling with that because I didn't want to state things they don't know. So if I change the line at the top of the second paragraph to say something like "My actions are inexcusable; I know that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust by using a freedom pass that's meant to help the most vulnerable in our society and that I had no right to use."   Do you think that's good enough? I'm really trying not to admit to multiple uses as they haven't brought it up, but I'm also not trying to suggest I've only used it once because that isn't true.   For the documents, do you think I shouldn't include them? Because on the letter I think it says something about giving evidence for my mitigating circumstances. I've also seen other threads where people don't include evidence and then TFL write them back saying they don't believe the person will lose their job/health/immigration etc. because of a conviction.    Thank you, I've taken out the ref to the inc docs at the end and the "I think". 
    • we dont usually see people inc documents.   you haven't directly mentioned use of the pass and what type, it might be better to include as that directly acknowledges that you know you did wrong. and their 'charge' against you which you should directly address.   without it your letter is a generic reply. and might not cut the mustard. also remove ref to inc docs at the end.   i'd also remove the 'i think...' A precsecution will etc etc.. 
    • andys defence did not mention counter claim anywhere.....   it said compensation - but you left the whole original para 4 in your defence?
    • Hi again guys, I've been thinking about the letter and have drafted it. I'd really appreciate it if you guys could let me know what you think. I've tried to express how remorseful I am (without saying sorry too many times that it becomes annoying), show mitigating circumstances and avoid admitting to multiple use/ use of a freedom pass because they didn't mention it in the letter.    To whom it may concern,   My TFL case number: XXXXXX   I firstly want to thank TFL for giving me the chance to explain my behaviour. I appreciate the seriousness and stupidity of what I have done and I deeply apologise for my actions. I hope to explain how a prosecution would leave myself and my baby in a very difficult situation.    My actions are inexcusable; I know that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust, I haven’t been able to sleep as a result. As a teacher, my job requires a high level of integrity and I have to get (enhanced) DBS checked annually. According to my terms of employment I’d be obligated to report if I’m being prosecuted and a conviction would result in me losing my job (please see document). I am currently pregnant and as the sole income earner in my house and a soon to be single mother, the loss of my job would financially devastate me and my child.    I have several long-term mental health conditions including anxiety, clinical depression and BPD (please see my attached medical record). I’ve suffered from panic attacks my whole life and whilst there is no excuse for my behaviour I’d like to explain that whilst being questioned by the Revenue Protection Officer, I suffered an acute panic attack and in a moment of panic and stupidity was dishonest with him during our conversation. My anxiety set in and out of fear I made a stupid decision to be dishonest. I’d like to sincerely apologise to the specific officer and TFL for that.    I have never been in trouble with the law in the past (please see my most recent DBS) and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I have already bought a season pass for the London Underground (please see document ) which I have been using/will continue to use and I swear that I will never do this again. Ever since the incident (and especially since receiving the letter) my anxiety and panic disorders have been unbearable and my heart rate and blood pressure have been higher than normal as a result. I fear the heightened stress of being prosecuted, coupled with my existing mental health issues will negatively impact my health during my pregnancy.    Additionally, I am currently in the UK as an EU citizen, under the EU settlement scheme (please see document) and have recently applied for British citizenship (please see document). A criminal conviction would certainly be noted against me by the Home Office in the “good character” requirement for becoming a British citizen. Additionally, my current right to remain in the UK is dependent on me having a clean criminal record. I’m 21 years old and I’m just beginning my life; I’ve found a career that I love in primary school teaching, I'm hoping to become a British citizen and most importantly I’m going to become a mother. A criminal conviction would negatively impact every aspect of that and whilst I know that I have no one to blame but myself, I’m hoping you can show me some leniency in this matter.   I am happy to make immediate payment of all unpaid fares and any incurred costs that my actions have caused. Whilst I know what I did was wrong and I’d really like the opportunity to make amends, I think a prosecution/conviction would have an unfair and disproportionate impact on my health, my employment, my immigration status and on my child’s health/financial wellbeing. I hope that I’ve explained myself well and provided enough evidence, if you need anything further from me to help you reach your decision please let me know. Thank you again.    Yours Faithfully, My name   *The documents I'm going to send are; my employer's policy regarding criminality, the relevant parts of my medical record showing my mental illnesses, the train season ticket I've bought since then, my most recent work mandated eDBS, my immigration status and proof that I just recently applied to become a British citizen.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

ells888 vs HSBC - help needed!!

ells888

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all, Im a 'new un' !! and could use all the help given plz. Iv just got all my previous statements off line, and am currently reading up and trying to take it all in, im so confused! so any tips greatly received.

Thanks x

xXx ells xXx

:)

Hi there,

Take your time to read, read, read the forums untill you are happy about the course of action you will be taking.

You will need to summarise your charges so you can send the summary to HSBC together with the first letter which is asking for your money back, this will give them 14 days to refund the money, if after 14 days, you have not received your money back, another letter (LBA - Letter before action is sent) together with another copy of your summary of charges, giving them another 14 days to repay the money, if after that time they have not refunded the charges you will then need to issue court proceedings.

Can I ask how much your charges are?

Did HSBC force you into having a managed loan at all??

also, IF IN DOUBT, ask :) NEVER be too frightened to ask for help, this is what we are all here for :)

Good luck

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

Thanks Tigs, your info's a great help as i am a dizzy blonde!! My total charges are £1450 and thankfully i wasnt bullied in2 a managed loan. I have a back up account but fingers crossed they wont close this account.

Thanks again x

xXx ells xXx

Happy to help, if you need any clarification just ask.

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

I am trying to open the spreadsheets on my lap top and having some difficulty? Does any1 have any ideas why please? Sorry it may be a blonde question again:confused: x

xXx ells xXx