surfman v lloyds tsb £9000 claim

surfman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks for the posts surfman, I was getting a tiny bit interested as Barclays are a week late with their AQ for my case as of yesterday

I'm a bit less excited now after seeing how much time they were given in your case, but still, there's hope

and well done

well done surfman, it's a shame they don't forget to submit the AQ for everyone. But I am so glad they have for you.:)

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Well done Surfman, hope this is the end for you. I should have won by default this week, but SC&M have sneakily put an 'ex party application' in (still outside deadlines!), for re-allocation to fast track as my case is also a larger sum. So I knew nothing about them doing this, and the judge awarded it, although I've been given time to object. This is after a first disclosure order that I had already, so not a happy bunny.

Glad you getting yours though - enjoy when you get it!

BW,

Fzrkitten

well i am not going to crack open the bubbly yet i know what these lot are like so i am hoping they just get it over with and pay up but as it is quite a large sum of money i am expecting them to not play ball .

i have not heard from the court yet and have never had any coraspondance from sc&m

but fingers crossed, i will keep you all informed and good luck to you all

Hi BW, poor you. they are a sneaky kettle of fish ain't they.

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

i have rang the court today and judgement has been issued and the relevant documents sent in post today, so tomorrow they should receive them.

as far as i know it will give them 14 days to pay up but i am not too sure so i will have to wait and read them when they arrive.

bloke I spoke to in the court said if i have trouble or further questions i can talk to the courts balifs.

think i will also sent them a little reminder letter when i receive my copy of the paperwork

Hi Surfman,

Just another sneaky thing of lloyds, Christinajanep went to collect her judgement from court last week (same time as I should have got mine), and Lloyds had managed to get a stay in somehow, so they wouldn't let her collect judgement. We are both appealing, my N244 went in yesterday with massive help from Gary, and I've just got to wait now, but the court were ace, no £35 charge and they say hopefully 5 day turnaround, so I'm gonna phone them friday.

All I say is keep phoning the court, and I wouldn't necessarily phone SC&M to remind them, in case they choose the other route and go back to the court!!

Pen - BW was Best wishes, I wondered who you were talking to, not sure if my signature thing working, sorry. It's fzrkitten anyway.

x

Fzrkitten

fzrkitten good luck with your appeal hope the court come up with the correct decission and chucks the stay out, surely by now the courts should know it is only a delaying tactic,

I have not received judgement today they prob sent it 2nd class, but the bloke said it would be in yesterday afternoons post ,so another day waiting, unless sc&m got a sneaky stay in yesterday afternoon but i doubt it.

i am surprised that they have been so lame with defending my case as it is near £9000 I can see them rolling over and paying out sums of a few hundred quid but i thought they would fight to the bitter end with this one.

maybe they know i have a watertight case, or they just got slack with there paperwork, maybe they just dont give a toss, who knows

but they are certainly getting a 110% fight from me untill i have my money and my account has been closed.

i will leave all contact with the sc&m until i have judgement then hit em with the 14 days to pay or the baliffs will be sent in letter

Hiya,

Mine too is for over £8000, but I have seen some people be paid before even getting to court, for similar sums, so I don't know where they are coming from I'm sure!

My appeal is to set aside re-allocation to fast track, not a stay (not yet anyway) - Lloyds got their order granted for the allocation to fast track, even though they were out of time as usual. GaryH helped me to oppose it, but if they win the re-allocation, I guess then they'll put in for the stay. If I win, hopefully it will be an end to it. Longest 5 days ever this is!

I hope you get something good in the post soon.

BW, Fzrkitten.

Fzrkitten

ah i get ya, i thought you had a stay put against your case even after judgement made.

In my allocation questionare i have chosen fast track, i was not aware that i should choose small claims as the amount was over £5000.

I thought it was the norm to pick fast track for over this amount was i wrong?

but as the court has said i have been awarded judgement suppose it does not make a differance now to my claim.

I take it lloyds can do nothing now as judgement has been made as far as there oft case is concerned, i assume it is to late for them to apply for a stay

Hiya,

Well, Christinajanep got judgement, but then received a stay as well, but then got paid into her account on friday. Cuckoo springs to mind!

I did MCOL, a good few months ago now, and I didn't really know about splitting claims or keeping it under £5k, I hadn't found this site until around that time. I just put small claims and got it, and it had stayed like that right up until last week, when Lloyds applied with an 'ex party application', meaning not telling me - that they wanted it re-allocated, even though they had defaulted anyway. I was on hol so didn't get my judgement in, but it would have crossed with them anyway I think.

Plus the claim is only around £6k without the interest and charges etc, so it was only just over the small claims threshold.

I'd say just keep checking your account if it's still open, or go straight back to the court on the 14th day deadline afternoon if you don't get paid.

I might have said that last sentence before, sorry if I have, losing it now!

BW, Fzrkitten.

Fzrkitten

your right not to have split the claim, small claims is better as your not open to costs if you loose the claim,

there are some links earlier in my thread to the differance, i am not entirely sure i have just gone through it step by step in a bumbling daze, a lot of this stuff baffles me at first and it's not untill the stage has passed then I understand the process,

I will keep checking bank every day, hope this judgement letter turns up tomorrow.

ps, fzf, nice bike.

We can both dream eh? Unfortunately I can't even afford my insurance at mo, well peeved. Mortgage and bills piling up, mainly down to bank charges, desperately need this to be over soon, and in a good way!

Guess I might make an allowance for some LED indicators, and an undertray...........

Sigh!

Fzrkitten

got my judgement letter today says,

you must pay the claimant a total of £8,842.16 forthwith

woo hoo happy days pay up pronto in other words,

nothing in bank yet but will keep checking and write then a reminder letter i have seen on garyt thread.

any moderators looking please add to my title **won defence struck out**

looking forward to a extra payday this month

Hi! thought id av a peek at ur story. Nice 1! nice shoppin spree in order for you then i hope!

Im gonna go the court 2moro and get in the application for judgement. Hope it doesnt take ages to get the money.

Let us no wen u hear n e thin.

Spk 2 ya soon!

Steph

NatWest - £3702.94 - Won.. Done and Dusted!!

Lloyds - £771.52 - Nearly there...

The Daily Mirror, GMTV, Granada Reports........

Hollywood Next!

Check out how I re-claimed my unlawfull bank charges:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html