• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

We Need Your Litigation Details!!!!!

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi BF,

I posted my details to a Mod on 29/03/07. The Mod responded on the 31/03/07, confirming they had been posted. I cannot see my details listed in your spreadsheet; in moving from the old to the new system have our records gone astray, is there a techy type problem? Users such as myself may alreday think you have our details . I tried to PM the full detail to you but your box is full :)

Regards,

Griffin

04/01/07 New S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent by RECORDED DELIVERY

05/01/07 Delivery of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) confirmed by Royal Mail

18/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data received

09/02/07 Prelim letter sent.

16/02/07 Frist template response received (nothing out of the ordinary).

23/02/07 LBA sent.

22/03/07 Claim issued to County Court

28/03/07 Claim served on Lloyds TSB (to reply by 11/04/07)

16/04/07 Acknowledgement of service (date stamped 12/04/07) received. Lloyds intend to defend the whole of the claim.(Lloyds' defense to be filed by 25/04/07)

26/04/07 Received Lloyds defense (standard 9 point) AQ to be returned by 11/05/07

09/05/07 My AQ returned to court

22/05/07 Lloyds have not met the AQ deadline. Court give them until 05 June to file

05/06/07 AQ filed by Lloyds with application for 1 month stay

hi, i applyed to the mcol on the 25th aprill, i have recieved a responce from them stating that the claim will be issued by the 30th aprill. i am reclaiming £800 and it cost me £80 in fees on the mcol. lloyds have untill the 14th to put a defence in. so far i havent heard any thing. good luck to all

After my LBA was sent to Lloyds I heard nothing for a month so I filed my claim using the online system for £3668.05 which included the 8% interest.On the same day that i claimed lloyds paid £750.00 into my account as a goodwill gesture.I wrote to them asking them not to credit that amount & if they did nothing then the payment would be deemed to be a partial settlement and that I would pursue them for the rest.My claim Number is 7ZQ58607 and was served on May 1st. they had until yesterday to file a defence which they did at the last minute and they are disputing the whole claim. What now?

After my LBA was sent to Lloyds I heard nothing for a month so I filed my claim using the online system for £3668.05 which included the 8% interest.On the same day that i claimed lloyds paid £750.00 into my account as a goodwill gesture.I wrote to them asking them not to credit that amount & if they did nothing then the payment would be deemed to be a partial settlement and that I would pursue them for the rest.My claim Number is 7ZQ58607 and was served on May 1st. they had until yesterday to file a defence which they did at the last minute and they are disputing the whole claim. What now?

Hi

You will then receive a copy of their defence and you may receive an Allocation Questionnaire to fill in. These links will help you to fill it in if you get one:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

If you don't get an AQ, read this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80091-your-court-dispensing-allocation.html?highlight=dispensed+AQ

Also you should start up your own thread, then you can ask any questions and keep us updated on it.

Good luck!

Barty:)

• Haha 1

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

We were pretty much stonewalled by Lloyds when we requested a refund of the £2,225 they had ripped out of my wife's account over the past 5 years (the Data Protection Act information did not cover 'year 1' despite two further requests for this info). My wife filed a claim for £3093.24 in Taunton County Court last week, to include estimated charges for the 'missing' year plus interest plus the court fee. This was deemed to be served on the 20th.

I have now received what looks like Lloyds standard response as soon as they get notice of claims, i.e. an offer of about 25% of the claimed amount (in this case, £750) in 'full and final settlement'. I don't want to accept this but am becoming worried about possibly having to go up in person against a corporate lawyer and argue what is and what is not, a penalty charge vs. a 'fee' for services, and whether or not a 'breach of contract' is involved when a penalty charge is incurred, which seems to be the crux of the recent Berwick case. I wouldn't really know how to go about this at all and doubt my competance to manage it successfully against a trained 'legal eagle'.

BF: I submitted my claim on 8th May 2007, rec'd a Notice of Issue stating my claim will be deemed to be served on 13th May and that Lloyds have until 27th May to reply.

This morning I rec'd Notice of Acknowledment of Service, in the Northampton County Court [i live in London] stating that Lloyds intend to defend all of the claim and that they have 28 days from the date of service of the claim to file their defence. This takes us to June 11th.

What should I be doing at this point? I've read through what I'll need to go to court and am trying to find T&Cs from before 2000 [not an easy task] to put into my bundle.

Do I just wait for their defence?

Thanks in advance,

Soap.

Soap, time to study hard ;)

No seriously, you may soon receive an Allocation Questionaire (AQ) - its what the court uses to determine which track your case should follow. For more infor take a look at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionnaires.html

However, you may not receive an AQ, in which case try here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80091-your-court-dispensing-allocation.html?highlight=dispensed+AQ

then here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

Hope that helps

~S~

Griffin

04/01/07 New S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent by RECORDED DELIVERY

05/01/07 Delivery of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) confirmed by Royal Mail

18/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data received

09/02/07 Prelim letter sent.

16/02/07 Frist template response received (nothing out of the ordinary).

23/02/07 LBA sent.

22/03/07 Claim issued to County Court

28/03/07 Claim served on Lloyds TSB (to reply by 11/04/07)

16/04/07 Acknowledgement of service (date stamped 12/04/07) received. Lloyds intend to defend the whole of the claim.(Lloyds' defense to be filed by 25/04/07)

26/04/07 Received Lloyds defense (standard 9 point) AQ to be returned by 11/05/07

09/05/07 My AQ returned to court

22/05/07 Lloyds have not met the AQ deadline. Court give them until 05 June to file

05/06/07 AQ filed by Lloyds with application for 1 month stay

I have 2 Lloyds TSB claims which have been transferred to my local court (Colchester).

1 for just over £4,000, the other for just over £2,000.

Both have received identical defence from Lloyds, and I am now awaiting a court date. The court have not requested the Allocation Questionnaire, although reading on here, think I will do the draft one from Bankfodder anyway.

When I rang the court, was told might get looked at in couple of weeks, then a date allocated. Is there anything I can do to speed this up??

Also, do you require any more info, will probably need some help as court date looms..... have an 8 week old baby so only just getting back focussed on this again!!

Thanks

Hello can someone please help me?

I am due in court on 29th June Lloyds TSB, I'm not sure how to inform a moderator but have been getting together a bundle, I am having trouble finding relevent terms and conditions even using that archive website (I am possibly staring them in the face with out realising!!) My account was a gold account in 2001 changed to a platinum in Aug 2004.

I would love some help and advice if any is forthcoming.

Thanks

Hello can someone please help me?

I am due in court on 29th June Lloyds TSB, I'm not sure how to inform a moderator but have been getting together a bundle, I am having trouble finding relevent terms and conditions even using that archive website (I am possibly staring them in the face with out realising!!) My account was a gold account in 2001 changed to a platinum in Aug 2004.

I would love some help and advice if any is forthcoming.

Thanks

I am after the exact same T&Cs; same dates too. I've actually written to the bank and asked them to provide duplicate information on the terms applicable to my account. Whether they will or not remains to be seen, but at least I can say that I have. If they refuse, I think it adds strength to my case. May be worth your firing off a letter in advance of your court date.

Soap.

I went to MCOL and issued for £7791+Interest = £9,637 against Nat West - On the same day I did this I received a standard letter from Nat West saying they were "considering" my claim and that it would take 6-7 weeks for a reply.

Am now getting ready to defend if they choose not to make me an offer.

hi, im not sure if this letter means i should turn up in court or if i just need to send the info they ask for could you take a look

before deputy district judge roozw sitting at bradfor county court, the law courts, exchange, bradford

upon the courts own mention

it is ordered that

1. by 4.00 pm 6th july the claimant do file and serve the defendant the following further information;

a. on what dates did the defendant levy the charges complained of

b. how much were they

c. whaqt reason was given ( e.g. unauthorised overdraft)

d. was the amount charged in accordance with the defedants terms of business at the time it was charged

e. what does the claimant say a fair charge should have been

f. how does the claimant calculate that a fair charge

2. in default, this claim will be struck out .

3. on compliance this file will be considered further by a distric judge and further directions given

• 3 weeks later...

I have sent my details to the administrator but they do not appear to be on the LTSB litigation list

suzanne186, claim no 7SF02720, claiming £9222.80 (includes int) await court date sent AQ on 28/6/07

help needed!999

Here are my litigation details. We've been asked to post to a mod BUT I have searched for a a mod. who can accept mail for about an hour now... with no sucess. I must be looking in the wrong place!! So I hope posting here will be ok. If not could someone give me details of who to post to? Thanks

:)

crystalcag vs Lloyds tsb

#7EX02221 Exeter

£4,506.88 (inc cont. int)

served 4th July 2007

Both of the above 2 now listed - thank you.

If you need to PM a Mod with your Litigation details and don't know how - look to the bottom of the forum 'front page' - the one where all the forums are shown in order - and look for a name shown in Green.

Click on the name and you will be taken to a screen that shows details of the Moderator. On there you should see a link to "Send a Private Message" - click on that and hey presto!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks