Hey all

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey this looks interesting, I just hope this site will clear my knowledge and understanding of how things work.

So which of you guys been sucessfull in claiming back the charges??

Quick question for all you experienced people.....

I got few banks tats gone to debt collectors... but actually theres a few questions come to think about it....so here goes..

1/ paid a debt collector in dec 2005, 1.5yrs down the line after the initial remaining ballance was £300 its now over £2000 ... do I have any say?

2/ can i ask the debt collector for my statements and claim from them??

3/ what do i do if I closed one of my a/cs??

well thanks guys for helping ..... this is pretty cool .....;)

Guest louis wu
So which of you guys been sucessfull in claiming back the charges??

Everyony thats comitted gets a refund...its that simple (the total paid back to members so far is over £10 MILLION)

1/ paid a debt collector in dec 2005, 1.5yrs down the line after the initial remaining ballance was £300 its now over £2000 ... do I have any say?

Any 'charges' that have been put on the account can be reclaimed...it's only services that cannot. As to the interest rate (which may be an issue) there are discussions about these things in the general forum. At some point post specific details there and see what answers you get.

2/ can i ask the debt collector for my statements and claim from them??

They need to supply statements at least yearly, so yes, you can request statements, it costs £10 and is reclaimable if you take action.

3/ what do i do if I closed one of my a/cs??

You can ask for statements from any account for the last 6 years. You just ask the bank/organisation.

Have a good look around the site, have a look at the FAQ's and read as much as you can.

Good luck

Louis