hello to everyone on this forum !!!!

plato888
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am just about to file a claim against woolwich for £1445 plus £390 interest, I went through the painstaking process of calculating interest daily on each charge from the date incurred. Quick question.....if everyone on here is following a similar claim process and using the same template letters then why are some people going to the wire with court cases and others being settled in full relatively quickly ???

thanks in advance:-)

There is no logical answer to that question Plato.

The banks seem to pay out some claims on the back of letters and yet will let others go to the wire and then settle them, thereby icurring additional costs to themselves.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi PPMAN......thats certainly how it seems, seems ludicrous that people go to these institutions for financial advice or help when the banks themselves are useless at making rational decisions.

They can only rationalise when they can see how much they can make by taking a certain decision.

Also the problem is that people trust banks and see them as safe, friendly places, staffed and run by people who only have the customers best interests at heart.

I seem to remember that we used to feel the same way about the police force!!

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi plato

Welcome to this cheery forum! OPen up a thread plato v Woolwich so we can follow your progress and the good gurus here can answer specific questions you have as you plod along your way to finally getting your dosh back :D

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 2 weeks later...

thankyou welshcakes I have posted a thread on my claim progress so far im at the stage of having sent the court file to woolwich last week and dont really know what to expect next !!!!.....?????