Tonight

Janeyh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

***Blush*** - thanks

I thought that the program was put together really well - Well impressed!

Well done to Dave and Bookworm too don't know if you were as nervous as me!

Nervous - err....just a bit!!!

Mind you, after about 4 hours I was getting a bit knackered. Carrying my two girls up and down the slope to the beach got a bit tiring after about the 7th time!!

Well done to all involved - the show was very good in my opinion, it certainly got our point across.

I was beside myself last night - I couldn't log on to the site - not because of the problems, but simply because we are now living in temp. accomodation with no phone and only a very grainy picture on the tv when viewing ITV.

Overall, I thought we all came across quite well - cringworthy when you see yourself, but overall not too bad.

PS. I'm 35 next year, so not all that young!

PPS. ....and I second the "wow" post when Lisa came on the screen! ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, yes I am

Lisa

Hi Lisa. Well done. Glad you got your money - hope you enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.:p

It just goes to reinforce what we all now know. You really can get your charges back, and it isn't as daunting a process as it first appears.

Well done again.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If, as expected, the banks are inundated with claims. They're going to have to make a stand somewhere down the line and the case will probably end up in the high court were a precedent will be made.

Because of the huge amounts of money that the banks would have to pay back and the implications of this on the economy(?), would there be any chance of laws being changed?

Sorry just the pessimist as ever...

Sorry guys, I missed the programme! I think I'm one of the few people in the country that refuses to have a TV as I never really watch it and refuse to pay for a lisence for drivel :)

Well done and here's hoping we get to help more peeps!! Any advice gladly given to newbies :p

Lloyds Current A/C DPA sent 7th May 2009 Closed and charges wiped Summer 2010.

Barclays A/C DPA sent 4th June 2009: no reply, no correspondence as of 2011.

Littlewoods Data Protection Act Section 10 sent 09/06/2006 - Fraudulent A/C closed and CRA data removed November 2006.

HSBC Default & Debt wiped March 2009 (6 yr Statute barred reached)

RBS - Claim 1 - Settled in FULL £766.00 20/06/2006.

RBS - Claim 2 - Settled in FULL £777.95 08/09/2006

BOS A/C No. 1 & 2

Amount - £586.39 claim plus 8% interest

SETTLED IN FULL 08/09/2006 - CHEQUE FOR £625.25

Halifax Visa Data Protection Act Disclosure Received

First Direct Data Protection Act Disclosure received

a Hearty well done to all involved,and it was nice to be able to put faces to names!!

Very pleased that the forum got such a high profle mention,and also that the guy from "which" was very much a bit-player for a change-the words "chocolate","fireguard" and "as much use as a" spring to mind......:rolleyes:

A good idea about the people helping newbies-if anyone needs MBNA or Northern Bank assistance,I would be glad to help out.

Just as an aside,any idea of the number of new members since last night?-the number of hits must be phenomenal because it's like walking through porridge trying to navigate the threads!!

New forum registrations:

Last night: 662 before the server couldn't handle any more hits.

This morning: 979.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Cringe? CRINGE?

You lot do not know anything about cringing!

I'm sitting there, pillow over my mouth, wincing and the FIRST thing that comes out is one demented banshee screeching: "It's MY money!!!!!"... And THEN the programme started.... :eek:

Dave, I agree, I'd only seen you on the Working Lunch thing, you looked much younger on TMCD (and far more articulate, lol).

Lisa, I'm a girl and yet, well, WOW. Makes me feel even more inadequate, lol.

The only thing that makes me less embarassed about my performance is that compared to Mr BBA, I looked cool, collected and professional!!!! :D

Cringe? CRINGE?

You lot do not know anything about cringing!

I'm sitting there, pillow over my mouth, wincing and the FIRST thing that comes out is one demented banshee screeching: "It's MY money!!!!!"... And THEN the programme started.... :eek:

Dave, I agree, I'd only seen you on the Working Lunch thing, you looked much younger on TMCD (and far more articulate, lol).

Lisa, I'm a girl and yet, well, WOW. Makes me feel even more inadequate, lol.

The only thing that makes me less embarassed about my performance is that compared to Mr BBA, I looked cool, collected and professional!!!! :D

Don't worry Bookworm...you did very well, can't be easy appearing on something like that even when you know you are in the right!! At least you got your point over and your story across. Keep up the good work here, you all did brilliantly :)

Chrismc v Vertex Data Science Ltd

SD Set Aside WON + Costs

Chrismc v Barclays

Won - Settlement Agreed at 11th Hour.

Philips Bailiffs

Lost - Judge changed at last minute, it didn't help!

G-MAC Early Redemption Charges Waived

Won - Early Redemtion Fees Waived in Full.

So, did anyone notice my pride and joy, MAME machine in the background?

;-)

------------

------------

If, as expected, the banks are inundated with claims. They're going to have to make a stand somewhere down the line and the case will probably end up in the high court were a precedent will be made.

Because of the huge amounts of money that the banks would have to pay back and the implications of this on the economy(?), would there be any chance of laws being changed?

Sorry just the pessimist as ever...

My view is that this would be a suicide bid.

Firstly, should a case go this far the claimant would be certain that their action would be funded out of public funds. So, the playing field should be level.

At the moment the banks are disrupting claims to such an extent that only a very small percentage of customers actually take action, and only a percentage of them follow through with it to a full refund.

Yes, at the moment there will be a large number of people setting out to claim, but it will go in peaks and troughs depending on the publicity, but eventually the initial rush will slow.

Should the banks go to the High Court to seek a precedent, they firstly need to be sure they will win. Not reasonably sure...100% guaranteed sure, as the consequences of them losing would be horrendous.

At that point, there would be a real influx of claims - probably a hundred times more than now. They could no longer stall, or claim their charges are legal, and they could not use the court process in the way they are now.

Indeed my guess would be that the OFT would actually force them to set up an upfront refund scheme.

This would cost the banks billions!

Dave, I take it there's no way of "mirroring" forums? I'm not particularly brilliant at web stuff, bit it looks like your colo/hosting is choking on itinerant consumers intent on getting their cash back.

It certainly shows what an effect the show had, that now the servers are slowing to pre-broadband load times. Maybe you should write a spoof complaint, explaining that thanks to the show, x many more people are now trying to get their charges refunded, and have caused the site to crash.

And now, a couple of quotes from Winston:

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in court, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our accounts, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the internet, we shall fight on the telephone, we shall fight in the shopping centres and in the high streets, we shall fight in the small claims procedures; we shall never surrender..."

"Here is the answer which I will give to the bank managers: We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire... Neither the sudden shock of battle nor the long-drawn trials of vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job."

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Please somebody..........

Does anyone know if it will be repeated - I too have to confess to watching Eastenders and completing forgetting!!!

Nah! Was too busy looking for water damage :p

What is a MAME machine anyway :confused:

The filming was pre-water damage!!

MAME = Multi Arcade Machine Emulator.

(basically plays all my favourite arcade games from the 80's - looks like a *real* arcade machine in the background when I was sitting in my garage).

------------

------------

Empty my PM box??!! - no hope.

If I do it'll be full up in about 3 minutes time - not going to happen, many people ignore the FAQ (the bit about PM me or BF with info/questions about their specific cases) and it pretty much makes my PM box useless, so I have given up and leave it full these days.

------------

------------

For all asking about repeats: I've called ITV and was told it's not planned nor do they have a link where you can downloaded. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When/if I get a copy on DVD, I will convert it to avi/mpeg/ra etc... and stream/download from this site (if ITV are agreeable).

------------

------------

That'd be great if you could, Dave. I missed your dynamic performance, and sweetcyanide (having just got back from Germany this morning) had a go at me for failing to notice it was on and not recording it for her. :evil:

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

I also missed it and would be grateful for a chance to view it. As already mentioined, I too contacted ITV by email and they replied saying they had no plans for repeating it. Maybe if enough attention is given they will schedule a repeat?

Neil.