Need help please -just starting on behalf of brother-in-law

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

As I successfully claimed back my charges from Abbey & NatWest my brother-in-law has asked me to reclaim his from Lloyds.

I sent off the DPA asking for 6 years worth of statements and have only received lists of charges. Is it right to accept these and assume they are correct or should I ask again for statements as requested?

Also the charges have different names and I'm not sure what I can claim for, I'll list them below: -

Overdraft interest

Overdraft usage fee

Overdraft excess fee

All help greatly appreciated as I would like to get the ball rolling asap!

Money :)

NatWest - £364.02 settled

Abbey - £1,686.86 settled

Hi moneyinmypocket, have a look at this link first Guide To Reclaiming Bank Charges **##~~~~**##~~~~ Read This First !! I think it answers your questions re the interest.

Has B in L got internet banking, as you can see your statements going back the 6 years, if not it only takes a few days to get on line banking, go into your branch, and they can start the ball rolling there.

No doubt someone else will give some more advice, hope this helps for a start.

Happy claiming:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

As for the DPA matter they have failed to provide everything under their obligations so you should send the DPA non-compliance letter.

With regard to the charges:

Overdraft interest - can only claim the amount of interest that relates to the charges - quite messy and probably not worth it

Overdraft usage fee - not sure that tou can claim that

Overdraft excess fee - fine, claim away

Yea I'm not sure about the Overdraft usage fee, although the amount does vary and is charged at different times.

He has an authorised overdraft, and pays an Account charge of £10 per month - maybe I'll see if there is an email address so that I can ask one of the Lloyds staff to explain what it is!

I'll send the DPA LBA off tomorrow and hopefully they'll send proper statements this time.

Thanks

Seen advice on here that O/D usage is claimable. I claimed it too. When I looked at my statements it seemed to corralate with when they paid DD's that took me over or whilst over. The excess seems to be a single charge for exceeding limit. This is only what I've worked out from my statements though, I may be wrong.

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Your not really entitled to proper statements unless you pay. What you are entitled to is copies of transactions and charges. I got some of both. List of charges was from 2000-2003 I think. statements after this date.

I've been told it's unlikely that they'd send misinformation but I've never trusted them either;)

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

I did send his £10 off and they've cashed it! Im sure I saw on another thread that someone checked their lists of transactions after finally receiving statements and 50% of them were missing!

did send his £10

This is what gets tou the transactions and charges. Full statements they usually charge a couple of pounds each.

and 50% of them were missing

I had some of my old statements from random periods (found a box I'd lost) The charges list always tallied. Sometimes they send information that doesn't cover the full period. Think this may be what you have seen.

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

MIMP, going back to my post, do's he have internet banking? as you can bring up the statements, if not only takes a few days to set up, then you do not have to worry about not being sent correct information:rolleyes: .

Beats waiting another 40 days;)

the branch may suggest that if you want lost statements etc, it will cost you per sheet But as you have done MIMP, you paid your £10 with your DP letter which covers all.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.