Need help with Nat West AVG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Please can anyone advise me

I am claiming charges back of behalf of my Daughter in law

We are claiming against Nat West for charges around £6.300

I have sent 2 letters the 1st requesting her charges back and the 2nd to advise as she had not heard anything she would take them to court unless she had a response within 14 days which is now up

My problem is that when I added up the charges dating from 2001 I was not aware that some of the charges were correct as it was an Avantage Gold Account and they were mixed in with some of the other charges as one.

I would say that they claim we forwarded to Nat West is wrong by a few hundred pounds.

We now want to take them to court but if we do will it be thrown out as the charges are incorrect in which case we will loose the court costs (which are costly because of the size of the claim) and have to start again or should we send another letter to Nat West saying we are willing to settle for £4.995 to keep it in the small claims court and this would cover the charges we calculated that were incorrect

We love to hear some advice on what to do next

Regards

ifihadapenny4

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there,

I personally would suggest resending the Letter before action with the changed amounts and making sure that the calculations are clear.

The first letter - a mistake isn't too bad, but a few hundred less at the Letter Before Action stage, will be looked upon better, as it is clear then the amount you are requesting.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

The letter is above.

You are making your position clear then that this IS what you are claiming and IS the final opportunity and clear figures before filing.

Make sure that your figures are right and that the spreadsheet or list of charges clearly reflects - date, amount, description.

Send it off and wait patiently - then come back and post for information on filing in court and options and more help!

As it is Natwest - why not start a thread of information in the forum with others claiming from Natwest for great support and tips and valuable links.

To get there - click here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/

You will have all of us following your claim then and be able to support you through the rest of the process.

All the best,

CJ

Thank you chloejane....I think the Advantage Gold Charges are not so easy to workout as they changed from 2002/2003/2004 and I do not know what they are ......I am in a pickle !!!!!!