abbey dragging their feet!!

bungleboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Its now 44 days since i requested my 6 years statements. I have had 3 years, so today i have called them and they tell me that they have a further 6-8 weeks to get the others to me!! Is this right? any suggestions as what to do next, cos im realy not getting anywhere with them!! Please can anyone help?? they owe me £5,600 !!!

Hi bungleboy - they most certainly DO NOT have a further 6 - 8 weeks. They are legally obliged to provide the info requested via your SAR within 40 days of recieving the letter, as they well know.

Have a read of this - everything you need to deal with their pathetic delaying tactics is here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/2440-abbey-data-protection-act.html

Have a good read round the Abbey forum - you'll find plenty of other similar stories, and the way people dealt with them! Very often a strong phone call to them sorts it out.

All the best - Adam

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

lula, the attachment wont open...page cannot be displayed!! I'm looking for template to send them...where else can i find one??

Scabby are realy getting me angry now!! I'm also lookin for a template for claiming back mis-sold ppi's, but again i cant find one!! can any of you guys help me with this please??

Hi bungleboy - have a look at this - should help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/

All the best - Adam

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bungle,

I'm answering your question on this thread....................it's MUCH easier if you keep your questions to ne thread and then people can read your history and understand the details better.

You said 62 days for SAR, and they said 8 weeks to investigate your complaint.

Ignore that and send your Prelim if you've not already, LBA in 14 days, N1 in 14 more and ignore everything they say about investigating your claim.

cf

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

CHARLEY,

Thanks for the info. The 14 days is up on monday. The LBA was sent on the 21st, they responded to me on the 23rd to tell me that they will let me know how this complaint is going in 4 weeks. On monday (14th day) I shall issue court proceedings along with a letter and a copy of the court agreement.

Does this sound like im heading down the right path?

I'm realy starting to get worried now, knowing my luck they will agree to go to court and I lose the lot!!

Hi Bungle

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. I PMd Charley to have a look at your questions and he seems to have answered your queries.:D He's such a clever chappie:p

PLEASE Please stop worrying. Just have a look at some other threads and read, read and read some more. You'll feel more confident and realise we're all in the same frame of mind at some time during this process.

Just look at some posts in my thread - I was loosing it sometimes - but with lots of support and responses from great people on here, I WON.

Good luck and keep posting.

Cassie

Just look at some posts in my thread - I was loosing it sometimes - but with lots of support and responses from great people on here, I WON.

Me too!!!! Hang on in there & keep asking if your're not sure of anything.

VF

Me too!!!! Hang on in there & keep asking if your're not sure of anything.

VF

THANKS GUYS!!

It's just I have loads of crap going on at the moment with citi financial ripping me off!! although the trading standards are about to rip them!!lol

All i want from scabbey, is to bloody hurry up and cough up!! Cassie, if i file for court proceedings on monday, what is likely to happen from there? thats what is confusing / stressing me?!

Am i likely to go to court, will they defend, how long does it take?

If you can just try to ease me with these questions?

Thanks all so much !!

Bngle,

Read my thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/55539-charleyfarley-abbey.html

.......it's a perfectly straightforward claim and has followed all the usual stages, but I filed my N1 on 23rd Feb, court date 6th July, so that's the sort of timeframe you can be looking at.

They will defend, they won't go to court and you won't lose UNLESS you are a complete muppet and make mistakes by not following the advice and system on here!

PS

We need a thumbs-up smiley

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bungleboy, just replying to a question you asked on my thread earlier - the email address for Inga Kirkman is [email protected] as for the kind of email to send her, I just pointed out that they had requested a stay to settle in their Defence and set out my proposals for effecting an early settlement in compliance with the Court's wishes. I totalled up my charges, 8% interest up to the day I sent the email, all court costs to date and also included my costs which I have been keeping a spreadsheet of detailing all letters, ink costs, copying costs and time spent at 9.25 per hour (totalling just over £500) and said I would settle for this less £100 as a goodwill gesture on my part. If I were you I would try to claim your costs back too as in her reply she agreed to pay the charges, court fees and my costs, just not the 8% interest so I refused to settle. It's well worth a try! Hope you have some luck - let me know how you get on.:)

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

Thanks James!!

The thing is, when I finally got my bank statements from abbey (66 days!!) I wrote to them asking for my charges back...as you do!

They then responded to me 2 days later saying that this would be investigated within 8 weeks but would give me an update after 4 weeks.

I then told them that this timscale was not acceptable I would only allow 14 days otherwise I would take this to a small claims court.

On the 15th day I did so!!

This was filed on the 6th June, effective from the 11th in which they have 14days to defend.....so far nothing!!

I have tried to contact them saying that I would be willing to negotiate with them, but unable to do so if they did not contact me.

The reason for this is because im off to sweden in a couple of days, possibly there for 6-8 months, and I would not be easy to contact whilst overseas.

If they wanted to negotiate with me at a later date, closer to the court hearing, it would most deffinately be too late, I would not be willing to do so!!

BUT........nothing!

Any comments from you?:-x

If I were you Bungleboy, I would send her an email setting all this out and asking her to settle for all your charges, interest and costs to date less a small nominal sum to make her feel like you are willing to negotiate and then see what happens. Good Luck!:D

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

If I were you Bungleboy, I would send her an email setting all this out and asking her to settle for all your charges, interest and costs to date less a small nominal sum to make her feel like you are willing to negotiate and then see what happens. Good Luck!:D

ill do that James.......thanks for the info

• 2 weeks later...

PM Lula or Gary H and let them know you have won, then they can update it. You can then go to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/surveyresults.php

Enjoy spending it. :D

Abbey only have until monday to acknowledge my claim, otherwise I will slap in a judgement by default personally to the court on tuesday.

good for you jules........!!

Have you tried calling them yet? I was told this by some friends at work, who did gat the money back even without the threat of court action!!!

It realy does work!! keep on calling the customer complaints, they will then e-mail the legal team. but at the same time keep on e-mailing Either Inga or louise..

They were right...it does work!! drive em mad!

Good luck with all that hits you!! x

Thanks bungleboy

Rung court today to see if I had to give them an extra day due to the postal strike, to be told that they acknowledge it today and will be defending in full.

Just waiting now for someone to let me know if I have to inform the court that I rejected their gogw of £280.00 and asked them to take it back but as they havent done so 2wks later, then i will accept it and take it off my claim total.