• Tweets

• Serco are not up to the job, but director's of Serco are buddies with Ministers handing out contracts like confetti on the back of Covid.  Track & Trace and Isolate should be a LA competence, not private firms on the make.   Interesting blog today, the genesis of the crisis started with Blair in 2005, subsequent administrations did nothing to improve responses to pandemic.   https://www.turbulenttimes.co.uk/news/corona/scared-to-death/    
    • Independent Sage met yesterday and has a new report out.   They think the national test and trace system doesn't work and are urging the government not to renew Serco's contract. They say the job should be done by GPs and local public health people who are already deal with the more complex cases and care homes.   https://www.independentsage.org/an-independent-sage-discussion-document-on-contact-tracing-and-self-isolation/
    • Thanks for your reply.   I don't have the money to get the repairs or inspections done to be honest.    It's a BMW 1 series.   I've learnt my lesson. I was having a pretty hard time with my health to be honest at the time. I bought it as a present to myself but was too trusting. 
    • This is a tricky one, BMW's , wide wheels, low profile tyres, stiff suspension over deviations, German Cars are known for that.  It might have winter tyres on, that would cause a rumble. My Volvo is also very weird like that.  It could also be a wheel bearing, which isn't expensive but would need to be done. Why not take it to your mechanic for a an inspection, or the AA/ RAC also do that.  I've learnt the hard way that's what you need to do before you buy the car,    What BMW is it?  I would only buy this brand of car at that age if it had a full history of every service and everything that has been spent on it during it's lifetime.
    • If you get somebody to cover for you on those last three days, are you saying you are OK?  ie you don't need to go to work in your old job and you can start the new one?  So that gives you what you want - yes?   If you can't get somebody to cover for you, you've got two potential courses of action - which may or may not be mutually exclusive.  First, ask if you can move your termination date forward by three days.  Obviously you won't get paid for those three days and whether your current trust will agree to this depends on what sort of relationship you have with your manager and how much they will need you to work those three days - or how easy you will be to replace.  If they say OK - you win.   Second, you don't turn up for work on those three days.  You will then technically be in breach of contract and in theory the trust could sue you for any financial loss they suffer as a result.  This would be the cost of employing somebody to replace you for those three days.  Will they need to replace you?  I suspect they would not bother to sue you, but nobody can guarantee they won't.  And what if you want a reference from them in future?  If you've already asked to bring your leave date forward, and they've refused, they may rightly conclude that you are taking the pi$$ if you don't turn up on those days, and they won't like it - or rather they won't like you...   Or, as I said before, get your new start date put back three days.   The thing is, your current employer can't extend your notice period unless you agree.  If they won't allow you to take leave owing to you during that notice period, they should pay you for it.  Whether you should write to them as I suggested earlier is more complicated because the situation is much less clear cut than you originally outlined.  (You had implied that they had already refused your request to take leave owing to you during your notice period and that you would have to extend your notice period to allow you to take that leave.  That isn't quite the position, is it?  And they haven't actually said they won't pay you for any leave you don't take, have they?)   Two other things: first, are you changing employer within the NHS?  If you are, it's a possibility that questions may be asked if you are in the pension scheme and you have two periods of full-time employment that overlap.   Second, your manager's email refers to "your last working day".  This is a little ambiguous and can cause a lot of confusion in the NHS.  You may wish to check whether they mean it is the last day of your employment (ie including any leave you are taking) or is it the last day you are actually present working.  Do you see the difference?  Managers often get hopelessly confused by this without HR guidance.  (And HR often get it wrong).   It's a pity you can't or won't seek union guidance if you are a member - that's what you pay for.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
wifey100

Wifey100 v Halifax PLEASE HELP

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4796 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I sent the Halifax a letter on 12th April (template found on Watchdog site) stating my claim. I have heard nothing. i contacted Halifax yesterday who told me my claim was being looked at and would probably be declined and I would hear by week commencing 28 the May. What is the next stage - I am not prepared to wait until then as I have already waited until 12th April. I have read on this forum that Halifax have got tough - do they actually pay out and what do I do now????? PLEASE HELP

Guest ChloeJane

Hi Wifey,

Ok, not sure where you are up to and as you have not been with us here it appears, often many sites and advice areas are different.

So to basics -

1) I assume you have your statements - have calculated all your fees charged etc and they are listed in order of date, amount and type.

If not - that is the first bit to be sure of!

The steps on this site and format is they conform to what is called the Civil Procedure Rules to make a civil claim, so it is important not to skip a step.

Once you have done the first bit and calculated your charges, you would have sent a polite letter asking for the monies back. Like the link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Then with no response, you would proceed to the step of warning them of court action - like the link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

IF - and ONLY if you have completed these stages, are you then able to file in the court system having complied with the CIVIL procedure rules and protocols that take you to now seek Law to gain your justice for the fees returned to you.

Post back and let us know - if you missed a step it is ok, but if you have completed all the above, then you can now file however make sure you check the links and ensure the wording is similar, as the other side you are claiming from has to be clear of your intent to proceed and what you are asking for at all stages.

CJ

Hi CJ

Thanks for the reply. My first letter was asking for the statements which I got. The second letter sent them a schedule of the charges and also telling them that I believed their charges were disproportionately high. It went on stating about penalty charges etc and that their costs did not reflect any actual loss. It also said that if I did not receive a full refund of £4,403 within 14 days I would commence my claim in the courts without further notice. That was sent to them April 12th. I telephoned them April 20th and they confirmed they had this letter. Is this good enough

Guest ChloeJane

Wifey so far so good!!

You have done it right up till now which is great!

The next step is you have to send them a letter stating that are going to commence court proceedings if they do not return the fees.

The letter for this is the third link I sent - its called the letter before action.

It forms part of the rules that you must as you have done, ask for the money back and then warn them of court action.

So send of the third link - Letter before action and then come back and post about court options and filing.

My suggestion - BIGGEST of all would be to register in the Halifax forum to see through the rest of your claim - it will give you confidence and have you supported by others claiming against them too. The link is here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/

Start a new thread at the bottom of the page - copy and paste your information in so far and everyone can support you through the rest of the process.

CJ

Hi I have been asked to by CJ to register here. I am about to send the Halifax a letter telling them I am starting court proceedings. This is all very scary - I just hope it worlks. I first started my complaint back in March. Fingers crossed as £4,403 would come in very handy!!! What are the chances of them paying up before court

Im afraid the chances are not great, but there is always a small chance, but think of the interest.

If you do have to file, there are loads of people behind you to help.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hi wifey100 i started writing to the halifax back in march. i sent all the letters and stuck to my timetable. i issued a court summons on the 24th april. it was acknowledge on the 1st may. they have until the 30 may to pay up. i am feeling positive and no matter what stalling tactics they throw at me i am in for the long haul. i encourage you to do the same. it seems to pay off.

Thanks Danniabond

The encouragement is gr8. I hope we all get the right answer. Its gr8 knowing other people are in the same boat

Guest ChloeJane

Hi Wifey!

Just wanted to say I am glad you found it to the right place!

Seems daunting, but a strong coffee - ok, well a drink - and be on your way!

Will watch out for you as will many others -

CJ

Go for it wifey,

I got my full claim paid into my bank account today, £1,600+. I filed with MCOL 18 days ago. Was expecting the long haul as they have not responded to any of my correspondence.

hang on in there, I couldn't have done it without this site!!

YOU WILL WIN!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Hi

Can anyone tell me how much it is to lodge with the court. I have submitted the letters required and have heard nothing not even a decline. So its time to take the bull by the horns but cash flow is a problem and just wondered what the cost is

It all depends on the value of your claim

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Here is a list of all the fees. So you can see how much yours will be.

County Court Fees

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Danniabond

How are you getting on your message said Halifax had until 30th May to pay up - did they??? Only concerned because I am at the claim stage very very worried and confused on MCOL or N1 which option id you take???

Hi

I received a letter from Halifax on Friday telling me they have looked into my account and feel the charges are correct and therefore my claim for reimbursement has been rejected. Please help is this standard procedure =- what do I do next?

Right you can now take them to court or to The Finacial Ombudsman service

This sounds like the standard letter.

What stage are you up to?

F&Q's... Read here

Have issued all the letters required and now it seems I have to submit court papers. Have downloaded some info on it but it all looks very complicated

F&Q's... Read here

Thanks Sea-Side Lady. I see from yours that you have won many against Halifax which way did you proceed and which way to you recommend

I have always used the N1, as it was easier. The court do it all for you.

You just take 3 copies of everything, they check it over and send everything where it needs to go.

I have just filed another this week and used mcol, just to see the difference. But i think i prefer N1.

Which ever way you decide, let me know and i can help you make sure you have everything you need.

F&Q's... Read here

Please help I am completing my form. having read on this fantastic website other threads I see I can claim interest how is that worked out and from when. Halifax have had every opportunity to pay me what I asked and they haven't so now I am going to claim for interest as well.

Also how do you type on the N1. Sorry not that bright with computers

If you're at the stage of filing your claim through the courts then YES you can now claim 8% interest on the charges under Section 69 of the County Courts Act. If you enter all your charge details into one of the spreadsheets in the Templates Library this will calculate the interest for you.

With regards to completing you N1 this link will help:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/844-n1-claims-form-pdf.html

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Thanks Trish76 - sorry can you give me a link to the templates library. Many thanks

This is the Templates Library:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

This is for the spreadsheets:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes: