Bryan Carter- Ceased as a Company???!!! *Took a while but WON in the end

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry - when I posted I was at the bottom of page 1. Didn't realise there were another 13 pages to go which have given me the best laugh in ages. At least I now know what my son (a barrister I hasten to add) means by 'meeting Mr. Big' in Belmarsh!

I do seriously suggest someone who has had dealings with BC (I haven't) sends the details to Tony Hetherington of "Financial Mail". He hates scams and scummy lawyers as isn't afraid to name them in print. Contact Financial News, Business News, Comment & Analysis, Housing Market, Politics, Economony, Stock Market, Business, Interest Rates, Bank of England | This is Money for a profile and review of some of his exposures. He has, as far as I remember, had a go at dodgy DCAs in the past, one of which has been struck off by the OFT. Vandermerwe.

bc.jpg

Here goes, i hope i've done this photobucket thing ok, well i received another letter from BC he has the cheek in threating me with court.

Note letter dated 26/6/2007, the envelope is dated 25/6/07 :confused:

Laiste has been very helpful and advised in totaly ignoring letters as the debt is statute barred.

input re the above letter would be greatly appreciated.

If as Laiste says the debt is staute barred then this would be final attempt to get money from you. Please report him to Trading Standards. The Society of Solicitors are very interested in this person and his activities as well.

I have a debt which went to Fredrikson and I asked for CCA and got an application form instead. I then received a letter from Brian Carter telling me they were sending me to court.

After reading information on here about this firm I wrote back pointing out that they were committing fraud by using a company which is no longer operating. As yet I haven't had a reply!

:rolleyes:

I have a debt which went to Fredrikson and I asked for CCA and got an application form instead. I then received a letter from Brian Carter telling me they were sending me to court.

After reading information on here about this firm I wrote back pointing out that they were committing fraud by using a company which is no longer operating. As yet I haven't had a reply!

:rolleyes:

Actually if you look down at the bottom of the page it says Bryan Carter is a trading style of Crettins Carter.

The letterhead seems about as kosher as pork chops at a Barmitzvah (sorry Howard Cohen).

It's not a trading style, ODC, but stated to be the 'trading name' of Crellins Carter Solicitors.

Now I'm no expert on English commercial law, but believe a 'trading name' has specific and legal implictions and would have thought that if Messrs. Sue, Grabbit and Runne had wished to register 'Ephraim Sue' as a Trading Name the old established firm would have to complete numerous forms (especially these days!), complete searches, ask for objections et al.

Wouldn't the simplest thing be to ask the Law Society, OFT, Trading Standards and Uncle Tom Cobley in Weybridge whether or not all was in order?

I'm really curious.

Vandermerwe

I wish I found this site a year ago:mad:

I would not be in the mess I'm in now!

I'll outline my story.

Sept'05

Fredickson contacted me for an amount of money I am supposed to have owed them. I thought it was a hoax and laughed at them, and discarded further letters.

Dec'05 get a date telling me I'm going to court in Jan'06, Have multitude of personal circumstance that means I just ignore it.

Jan'06 Get a CCJ for a small part of the perpetated debt £300.

I still continue to dispute this debt, but now have a CCJ and thing are getting heavy. I then agree to pay off CCJ at a small amount per week, as there does not seem to be an option.

Any idea's on what I should do now?

I have cleared th CCJ amount, but there is a balance of approx £2500 left.

Hi there all,

I just placed a seach on the internet for bryan carter so i could find their email address, and i have come across this site, well good information,,,many thanks,,,it has now confused me as to is i should continue paying them monthly, is it going to a ceased company.

Basically for over 3 years now i have been paying a small amount of money to them via my bank account, and every now and then they send me a letter asking to increase the payment, and if i dont want to i just send the reply slip back to their de havilland drive, weybridge address.

I done this last week, but yesterday i received another one, and i thought it a bit strange.

Can anyone help in regards to this, am i paying money to a company that doesnt exist, do i stop payment,,,or do i carry on,,i dont want any court action.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sparkler

I currently pay Bryan Carter £1 a month token payment by direct debit. I owe about £400 to them and recently called to offer them £134 in full and final settlement which they refused. I was going to CCA them?

How do I stand? Not sure what to do now?

CCA the rogue. For thr sake of a £1 postal order you may as well make Carter prove there actually is a debt. He may wish he had accepted your geneous offer or £134. NO CCA = NO ENFORCABLE DEBT

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK. Ive got a court date. Ive just made a request for CCA but is there a timeframe when this should be done in as Im cutting it fine for court I think. I had previously requested info on the debt but they did not reply. So though better ask officially.

I too have letters after ceased trading date... but they dont have the trade as Crellin bit at the bottom.

I had a lovely surprise the other day courtesy of Bryan Carter & co telling me that they are to take 'no futher action' and have closed the file.

I took advice from here and CCA'd Fredrikson and got an application form, I also sent a letter stating that Bryan Carter was no longer trading etc and wonders never cease, I received this letter.

I will relish this for a little while and thank everyone whose knowledge base I used to get this far but also realise that another numpty debt collector will probably start the whole process again!!

Still feels good though!!

Cheers everyone! :lol:

I had a lovely surprise the other day courtesy of Bryan Carter & co telling me that they are to take 'no futher action' and have closed the file.

I took advice from here and CCA'd Fredrikson and got an application form, I also sent a letter stating that Bryan Carter was no longer trading etc and wonders never cease, I received this letter.

I will relish this for a little while and thank everyone whose knowledge base I used to get this far but also realise that another numpty debt collector will probably start the whole process again!!

Still feels good though!!

Cheers everyone! :lol:

I wouldnt worry. It the litagagous (sp) Mr Carter thought it impossible to pursue then it will be impossible for any of the other low lifes to make any headway with it.:grin: