Bryan Carter- Ceased as a Company???!!! *Took a while but WON in the end

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

g/f of mine has just received a letter from them on there headed notepaper dated Nov 07 !! - The Law Society Will be getting copies lol

Phill

Dont forget The Society of Solicitors in Leamington Spa, Trading Standards, Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.:D

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent an email to the SRA , got a reply this afternoon

Dear Mr

Thnakyou for your email of 15 November

I can confirm having checked our records that the firm Bryan Carter have merged into another firm Crellins Carter of 111 Queens Rd, Weybridge, KT13 9UW.

We have been informed of this change. If they are using their old name then you will need to raise this with the Legal Complaints Service. Their website address is www.legalcomplaints.org.uk. Their telephone number is 0845 608 6565.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Yours Faithfully

Samantha Blake

Information Services Officer

Solicitors Regulation Authority

( Phone 0870 606 2555

4 Fax : + 44 (0) 207 320 5964

* Email : [email protected]

ü Website : Solicitors Regulation Authority - Home

-----Original Message-----

Phill [mailto:phill@]

Sent:
15 November 2007 23:29

To:
Information Services Mailbox

Subject:
SB Bryan Carter

My partner has a debt with Littlewoods with which she is paying with IQOR , she has recently received a letter from Bryan Carter of Weybridge claiming that they not have the debt , this was checked with IQOR who also claim that they have the debt , despite repeated contact with Bryan Carter giving details of who we are already paying we are getting nowhere , she has stopped paying IQOR until it has been resolved which IQOR is happy with , she doesnt mind paying , just who too ?
She
has now recently received a CCJ from Bryan Carter for non payment , which we will be disputing.

I have since found out that Bryan Carter has ceased trading in Feb 07 , and that yourselves need to know if they are still claiming that they are , all there letterheads are stating Bryan Carter , should they still be trading under this name ??

Regards

Phill ,

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient then you must not copy it, forward it, use it for any purpose, or disclose it to another person. Instead please return it to the sender immediately and copy your communication to [email protected]. Please then delete your copy from your system. Please also note that the author of this email is not authorised to conclude any contract on behalf of the Law Society by email. To help us improve our service, calls may be monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
yes I have a number I rang but watch out they are very arrogant and controlling dont let them brow beat you Good luck its 08701125136

keep your head when talking to them they will wind you up until you crack have gone to my bank and requested the original copy of the direct debit form and all the statements as its my intention to claim back under the direct debit scheme and also I am going to go to the FOS and see what they can do as wehrn on the phone to this person when mentioned that they ceased trading back in feb they tiold me I was misinformed ?????? A bare faced lie me thinks good luck huns and let me know what happens

in fact other numbers for the company in question include 08701125132

so may i suggest that they have a switchboard basically 0870 0112 extension where the extension is for example 5136 above and 5132 here

etc .

bryan carter & co is the trading name of Crellins Carter Solicitors of 11 Queens Road Weybridge Surrey KT13 9UW.

the letterheads they are using i am reliably informed HOWEVER are headed "BRYAN CARTER * SOLICITORS " NOTE THE EXISTENCE OF THE ELEVATED "*"

to the right of the letterhead is in a square box

BRYAN CARTER & CO

SOLICITORS

De Havilland Drive

Weybridge

Surrey

KT13 0NT

Tam Wing Chuen -v- Bank of Credit and Commerce Hong Kong Ltd [1996] 2 BCLC 69

PC

Lord Mustill Commonwealth,

Lord Mustill discussed the need to construe a contract contra preferentem: "the basis of the contra proferentem principle is that the person who puts forward the wording of a proposed agreement may be assumed to have looked after his own interests, so that if words leave room for doubt about whether he is intended to have a particular benefit there is reason to suppose that he is not."

Wanted to just catch up with something. I had a CCJ from Cap1 via Bryan Carter just over two years ago. It had to be paid by a certain date - my evidence never got shown to the court so they "assumed" I was working and not a carer on benefits. My OH paid it to stop the CCJ - it was to be paid by 17th of whatever month it was - my OH paid via electronic bank payment from his account on 15th of whatever month and Bryan Carter said they didn't recieve it til 23rd of whatever month. We have proof it left my OH's account on 15th. I never got a certificate of saticfaction and the CCJ sits on my credit rating as unresolved.

I desperately want to send in the evidence to get them to confirm they recieved this, confirm the date the money was paid was on 15th of the month and get the CCJ removed. If they won't I know I can take this before a court. However, I know Cap1 were chasing for nearly £600 including loads of interest added on. If I kick up a fuss over this, will they chase me for the rest or slap on another CCJ?

Thanks

Interesting news for anyone dealing with Bryan Carter & Co....

Due to Bryan Carter being so ****** , I wrote a letter of complaint to the Supervisor of Solicitors (SoS) about them. There is currently an ongoing investigation ;-) ...Anyhoo, I'd like to share with you part of the letter I received back from the SoS today. The paragraph below is an extract of the letter the SoS has sent Bryan Carter and it reads....

'I would also ask you to explain why letters sent out on Bryan Carter & Co headed paper after the date the firm ceased to exist. I understand that you are still using Bryan Carter & Co headed paper. Our records show that Bryan Carter and Co ceased on 28th February 2007. This could have very serious implications for the partners of the firm as it is misleading.'

Hmmm..Interesting. I can't imagine for a second that the SoS have gotten things wrong. If this is the case then will the real Bryan Carter's please stand up, who are they now ???

I have just spent a large part of the night at work reading this thread and because of it have just gone and cancelled my DD with this person and will post of CCA's to them tomorrow or the next day.....it has been an inspiring read to say the least......highly recommended for anyone dealing with this person...

Don't ring their 0870 numbers, they will rip you off by charging you at least 10p per minute. try these numbers:

01932 333275 Weybridge Office

01932 333275 Litigation dept attached to Fredrickson International.

Thanks calvi36....need a bit of advice now though cos after checking some correspondance from DCA i am a wee bit confused!!

ok, debt was originally from MBNA, sold to Arrow Global ltd 2/8/06 who said they were now my Data Controller but said all further dealings were to be with Fredrickson Internationl ltd who would be managing the account. That was fine and went through CAB and eventually ended up on a repayment plan (just paid by switch over the phone to Fred). Due to separation i then fell behind with repayments and they passed it onto their solicitors, Bryan Carter & co. Gt back into repayments via DD this time and bank statement say Bryan Carter client or something to that effect. Then got a letter 23/11/07 from FERD saying thank you for your good payment record and we'd like to help you reduce your debt quicker so have up my repayment by £2 (means i'll be 89 instead of 89 and 2 months before its paid lol). This is also fine but on the FRED letter they specifically say 'Our Client Arrow Global Ltd'. So my question is who do I owe this debt to really and who should I make the CCA out to....as you may understand I am a wee tad confused!!!!!:confused: :confused:

Thanks calvi36....need a bit of advice now though cos after checking some correspondance from DCA i am a wee bit confused!!

ok, debt was originally from MBNA, sold to Arrow Global ltd 2/8/06 who said they were now my Data Controller but said all further dealings were to be with Fredrickson Internationl ltd who would be managing the account. That was fine and went through CAB and eventually ended up on a repayment plan (just paid by switch over the phone to Fred). Due to separation i then fell behind with repayments and they passed it onto their solicitors, Bryan Carter & co. Gt back into repayments via DD this time and bank statement say Bryan Carter client or something to that effect. Then got a letter 23/11/07 from FERD saying thank you for your good payment record and we'd like to help you reduce your debt quicker so have up my repayment by £2 (means i'll be 89 instead of 89 and 2 months before its paid lol). This is also fine but on the FRED letter they specifically say 'Our Client Arrow Global Ltd'. So my question is who do I owe this debt to really and who should I make the CCA out to....as you may understand I am a wee tad confused!!!!!:confused: :confused:

Hi,

It sounds to me that Arrow Global actually own the account. Fred Int will be managing the account on their behalf.

For now I would send a CCA request to whoever you are, or were paying. If they do not have a copy of your agreement, then in theory they should pass the account back.

So send a request and see what, if anything, happens! It only costs a quid!

Regards, Jeff.

Cheers Jeff...gonna send the CCA to Frerickson and they can take it from there. Have started my own thread on this so as not to get lost in this one, which I found a great read.

Hi,

Can you post a link to your thread?

I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Jeff.

• Haha 1

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Thanks Jeff for taking a look an dthank you hippychick for doing link to my thread......dont knowhow to do that yet lol...all in good time!!!

Nae bother doingmyheadin.

What I do is open the thread in a different tab (I use Firefox) then copy and paste it in. You can do the same in IE by having 2 windows open.

HC

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Tam Wing Chuen -v- Bank of Credit and Commerce Hong Kong Ltd [1996] 2 BCLC 69

PC

Lord Mustill Commonwealth,

Lord Mustill discussed the need to construe a contract contra preferentem: "the basis of the contra proferentem principle is that the person who puts forward the wording of a proposed agreement may be assumed to have looked after his own interests, so that if words leave room for doubt about whether he is intended to have a particular benefit there is reason to suppose that he is not."

Oh my god - I cannot believe this thread!!

I only came across this website this morning when doing some research but you guys have been so helpful.

I have been dealing with Bryan Carter for the past year. They now have control of my Egg Card debt.

Unfortunately I have not received any letters from them since Nov 2006(which was when they received the debt) - and I pay them £50.00 a month on a card that they sent me for use with Paypoint machines.

The only correspondence I have had from them is if I am a day late paying the £50.00 they send me a SMS text saying this is Bryan Carter please call us immediately etc etc. This prompts me to remember to pay - so I have not received a letter from them in ages.

I am now concerned having read this thread - and the whole forum, as to the fact I have been scared into paying money etc to various creditors and have not really taken notice of my rights. I have a CCj from this account as the first month I was late and Bryan Carter sent me to court - which I did not know about until I received the letter saying I had a CCJ for £158.00!! The actual amount I owe is about £1300. So I paid off the £158 and have been paying off the £1300 at £50.00 per month. But now I do not know whether the CCJ is legal if they are not Bryan Carter anymore and whether they should be sending me texts from Bryan Carter. Should I even be paying this £50.00 per month to a company that doesn't exist anymore???

OK, bit of an update.....

Sent CCA by recorded delivery 15/11/07 and so far not a peep. Also applied for set aside and have just been notified case has been transferred to local county court, and date assigned for set aside hearing for 18 Jan 2008.

Any advice for what happens next would be appreciated...

Many thanks

Wyb

Oh my god - I cannot believe this thread!!

I only came across this website this morning when doing some research but you guys have been so helpful.

I have been dealing with Bryan Carter for the past year. They now have control of my Egg Card debt.

Unfortunately I have not received any letters from them since Nov 2006(which was when they received the debt) - and I pay them £50.00 a month on a card that they sent me for use with Paypoint machines.

The only correspondence I have had from them is if I am a day late paying the £50.00 they send me a SMS text saying this is Bryan Carter please call us immediately etc etc. This prompts me to remember to pay - so I have not received a letter from them in ages.

I am now concerned having read this thread - and the whole forum, as to the fact I have been scared into paying money etc to various creditors and have not really taken notice of my rights. I have a CCj from this account as the first month I was late and Bryan Carter sent me to court - which I did not know about until I received the letter saying I had a CCJ for £158.00!! The actual amount I owe is about £1300. So I paid off the £158 and have been paying off the £1300 at £50.00 per month. But now I do not know whether the CCJ is legal if they are not Bryan Carter anymore and whether they should be sending me texts from Bryan Carter. Should I even be paying this £50.00 per month to a company that doesn't exist anymore???

2 things to ask for from them....

1. Deed of assignment (This proves that they have actually been instructed to retrieve this debt by Egg)

and

2. Your CCA (They have proof that an actual debt exists). You may be able to contact Trading Standards if they do not produce one, saying they are taking money off of you under false pretences if they have no proof that there is a debt) This CCA must be a true copy of the CCA you signed when entering into the contract with Egg and you should send a £1.00 cheque for it. Make sure you send the request by one of the recorded or registered post services where they have to sign for it, so you know they got your request and you have proof. Continue paying as normal until instructed by Trading Standards. The reason being is you have been instructed by the court to pay. I am not sure of how you get a CCJ order removed if it is found to be falsly obtained. Do a search for the CCA Template letter in this forum. Never use your signature when in correspondence with them. They have a time limit to produce your CCA by and if it exceeds that period and they do not supply contact Trading Standards to let them know. If they do have a CCA for you. You could ask for the SAR (which is a break down of the money you owe). again this must be accurate to what you actually owe and not how they inflated the debt.

Hi girlygreen, there are many people on here who are fighting the same fight. Some are very knowledgeable and others are not. Since we are all in the same boat with this company I would ask you to read back to my earlier posts. this company does not come anywhere near me now. I took the good advice I was given and dealt with it accordingly.

• 1 month later...