N279 Notice of Discontinuance

whsa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been offered full settlement and have put the cheque in the bank (waiting for it to clear now) and I need to send an N279, Is it correct to cross out the references to the defendant and counterclaim, etc. that are in brackets in the main body of the form?

I'm guessing I don't fill in any of the section 2/3rds of the way down relating to the judge granting permission.

You can view or download the form here:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n279_0699.pdf

Just write a letter to the court with your case number on.

Thats all i did

I just stated that the defendant had paid in full and that i wished to withdraw the case.

Paul

Thanks pkea, that's what I've done.

I couldn't return Cobbetts' N279 forms in any case as they had made a glaring error.....

I'm going for wasted costs now.

• 5 years later...
Just write a letter to the court with your case number on.

Thats all i did

I just stated that the defendant had paid in full and that i wished to withdraw the case.

Paul

Pkea/Paul, what happened then? I sent in my withdrawal by letter but I have been told by the other side who attended in my absence that the court found I had failed to withdraw or discontinue because I did not use the right form. As a result I am ordered to pay an extra £1,200 just for their attendance to ask for the withdrawal to be struck out and for an order for costs for doing just that.

My actual claim was not heard but I am lumbered with perhaps £3000 in costs and more to come. I withdrew my claim because it had been answered.