Recorded Delivery to Banks going Undelivered

TheDebtor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have made DPA requests to both Lloyds and Barclays, both recorded letters (sent seperate days) have never been shown as delivered.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

I will send everything Special Delivery in future (£3.85), I advised everyone to do the same!

Yes there has been some discussion of exactly this problem in recent days.

You are quite right, Special delivery is the best solution

They may well have been delivered, but just put in with the normal post. If you can be bothered, you can claim 12 first class stamps in compensation from Royal Mail.

From my experience, Special Delivery is no more reliable. Sorry to be bitter! Seems to be slightly less likely to be shoved in with the post though - just disappears completely.

If you want to be 100% sure they get your letter, take it in personally to your local branch, get the name and signature of the person who takes it off you. can't go wrong 8)

So far i've just used recorded/signed for delivery and not had any problems at all!

If you push hard enough you can do better. I got £30 cheque for lost document.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

They may well have been delivered, but just put in with the normal post. If you can be bothered, you can claim 12 first class stamps in compensation from Royal Mail.

From my experience, Special Delivery is no more reliable. Sorry to be bitter! Seems to be slightly less likely to be shoved in with the post though - just disappears completely.

Sorry, but i work for Royal Mail and special delivery is the best performing next day service of any UK courier. Special deliveries don't just get 'lost' in the post, they are scanned every step of the way and go seperate from the normal mail. Every one has to be signed for by a postman/woman when they go out on delivery.

In 9 years at Royal Mail i know that the number of special deliveries lost by postmen in my office in that time is under 5, and this is at a large city centre delivery office.

Put the right address on, in handwriting that is actually legible (sounds obvious but you wouldn't believe the state of some of the writing and the amount of incomplete addresses we get) and it will get there, simple as that.

Incidentally, i have never had a single item of mail i have posted go 'missing', nor does it seem to happen to any of my colleagues very often.

With any mail, make sure the full CORRECT address and postcode is on the envelope, put your name and address in small letters on the back, and seal the envelope with sellotape, as quite a few come open during transit.

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

• 3 months later...
If you push hard enough you can do better. I got £30 cheque for lost document.

I have just checked on the Royal Mail Website under Track & Trace for the proof of delivery of my Data Protection Act letter to HSBC on 16 March 2006.

This is the message that I get.

'The system is currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference DKXXXXXXXXXGB. Please try again later'. Bearing in mind it is now 21 June 2006 and the letter was sent on 16 March 2006.

I have e-mailed Royal mail asking for a copy of the recipients signature as proof of delivery. If they are unable to provide this then I will be submitting a claim into Royal Mail, I may well need this signature as proof of delivery should HSBC take the matter to Court.

Richardc, when you wrote to Royal Mail to claim did you tell them that the contents of your lost package/letter were documents, I ask this as if Royal Mail ask how do you put a 30.00 value on a document(s). Would a appreciate a copy of the letter you wrote if this would be possible for me to use as a template.

Regards

Switch

the Royal Mail website was showing my recorded delivery letter as still in the system as too was the automated reply on the phoneline, but I carried on and spoke to an advisor who said it had been delivered. Hve you checked your reference number with a 'real' person?

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

the Royal Mail website was showing my recorded delivery letter as still in the system as too was the automated reply on the phoneline, but I carried on and spoke to an advisor who said it had been delivered. Hve you checked your reference number with a 'real' person?

I have had an automated e-mail back from the Royal Mail saying that they will look into it and get back to me within 3 - 5 working days.

If the Royal mail can tell me that my letter was delivered that's fine, but what I require is the proof of delivery i.e. the recipients signature as HSBC are presently claiming they never received my Recorded Delivery letter.

The way I see it is, if the Royal Mail are unable to provide me with proof of delivery with a recipients signature, which is the service I paid for then the letter in my opinion is deemed undelivered. Given that it was sent in March and it is now June I would consider it lost in transit whilst in Royal Mails possession.

Had two recordeds go missing in as many weeks. Not good. Would love to use special, but why in gods name should I pay over 10 times as much as a normal stamp just to make sure it gets there? Not being funny or anything, but if a stamp isn't enough to make sure it gets there, why do I have to pay for it? I add another 68p to add a bit of tracking, and that fails.. where does it stop?

See, I'm slowly turning into a Daily Mail letters page writer.. :)

If my reply or advice was helpful, please click the scales!

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

Guest Alison82

I ended up having to order my statments in person in my branch, I think this is a goo option now as they can't then say that you wasn't there make a receipt and get a member of staff to sign it.

Royal mail also "lost" my DPA request,I also used to work for Royal Mail I think the problem is with the sorting machines and recorded are only classed as normal mail they are bundled together with 1st and 2nd class mail during the automated machine sorting ,therefore the code sorted bundles are not sorted by a human,just delivered by one!!

I have worked out that if you sent your letter sandwiched between 2 slabs of polystrene it cant go through the machines so is sorted by hand and would only cost an extra 50p

I did however send a copy via email too on the same day and get a response within 24 hours

Maybe the mods could have an thread for email and Fax numbers for CC and Banks

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

I've now got 6 recorded letters that don't show as delivered, and one that Royal Mail have told me has been lost :rolleyes:

One of these meant starting a whole procedure again, so I'm miffed to say the least. I would like to put in a claim - how do I go about putting a value on SARs, LBAs and CCA requests?

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

Norvernrob Quote=Incidentally, i have never had a single item of mail i have posted go 'missing', nor does it seem to happen to any of my colleagues very often.Unquote

Flies in the face of my experience with the mail. I have had at least 4 letters

undelivered and one parcel from the USA, during the past year. I don't doubt

that in some cases that some banks may be saying that they have not received

our claims when in fact they have. Until the Post Office gets it act in order, the

only way it seems, to know our letters are received by the banks is to pay the £3.85 service. We can include that in our claim against the banks in any case.

Me Too!

Have posted a DPA and £10 cheque to Time Retial Finance (by recorded delivery of course).

No Record of delivery, spoke to royal mail who have confermed the letter as lost, however today I recived my bank statment which shows the cheque as cashed by Time Retail. But still not recived a reply (close to 40 days now).

Royal mail has now requested I send them the orange recipt as proof, they will then contact the resipant to cheak if they recived, if they havent I will be eleigable for compensation of upto £32, depending on the value of the letter.

Lets see what answer the Royal Mail get from time Retail. LOL

As to the value of the letter?? I had 10 x £15 charges in JUNE 2000 of which may now be deemed out of 6 year date, which I may now lose.

So what they gona say about that????? (royal mail V time retail)

The simple fact of the matter is that the only service that comes with a guarantee is special delivery (what was registered) I never use recorded as its just not worth the paper its printed on they can deliver with no signature if they like and the only come back is a book of stamps.

Special delivery may cost £4 but its worth every penny

Just tried something.. walked an extra 5 minutes to the nearest other post office. My usual post office insists on typing in the recorded delivery and smartstamp numbers into the computer, whereas the other place just stamped the orange forms and voila.

Could be an interesting experiment, wonder if the narky unhelpful bloke in my local post office is losing stuff since I stopped giving him any money? He does seem very cheesed off everytime I go in waving pre-stamped stuff..

If my reply or advice was helpful, please click the scales!

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

Hi Guys

I posted two letters, one to Natwest In London and one to Halifax in Yorkshire. Both letters were posted on the 8th June via recorded delivery.

Yet again there is no record of these letters being signed for either using the online tracking facility or by speaking to Royal Mail by phone.

So at this point in time I have no idea whether these letters were delivered or not!

Royal mail said they would not investigate the matter until the 27th :(

Cheers

Y

Credit Cards

Barclaycard -WON! Amex - WON! MBNA (x2) - WON!

Mint - WON! Monument - WON! Morgan Stanley - WON!

Egg - WON! Halifax - WON! Sainsbury's Bank - WON!

Citi Cards -WON!

Banks

08/06/06 Claim against NatWest started.

01/11/06 Case Closed :)

08/06/06 Claim against Halifax started

24/08/06 Case closed :)

Visit my forum: http://www.planet-watch.org/forum

• 3 years later...

I sent 2 recorded delivery letters... the first was to a home address and was received and signed for the next day, the other was to Lloyds and never arrived ... ask yourself, where do all these bank/building society recorded deliveries go to.

Also, the woman in the PO had a couldn't care attitude ... no wonder they are closing POs !!!

I wish someone like Richard Branson would come along and give RM a run for their money !!!

• 9 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks