No CCA after 12 +2 days but still chasing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I CCA'd BOS on 2 April by recorded delivery, it was signed for on the 5th. No acknowledgement or CCA but today got a letter saying;

'Despite several attempts to contact you, you have failed to respond to our requests for repayment of the above account.

Our client has issued strict instructions that we are to recover the full balance from you.

If you call us our operators will talk you through your repayment options.

If you do not contact us you will face the possibility of further action being taken to recover this debt. This may include;

One of our debt collectors calling at your address or

Legal action through your local court'

Sounds to me like they don't have a copy of the CCA. I think I should wait for them to commit an offence and then write back with standard template letter, but I'm wondering if I should do something sooner. What do you thinK?

Hello Nicegirl1, you right to assume that they probably dont have the agreement,i`d let em stew for the full 30 days,they are just huffing and puffing and they cant take action as the alleged debt is now in dispute.

I`ve had letters from my DCA`s threatening this and that either directly or thinly veiled :)

No agreement no payment simple as that :)

Regards S

Hello Nicegirl1, no problem glad to have helped :) i can include myself in the fact that i felt alone with regards to debt situations,and i did receive support when i discovered this site and decided enough was enough :)

Regards S

Nicegirl - I ws in much the same position as you - I know you feel panicked into doing something when you are being chased - get the feeling that someone will knock on the door at any time and tell you to get out of your house - or take your car away! But it just doesn't happen like that. I sweated out the calendar month after the 12 + 2 - and on the next day, phoned and told them account was in dispute & had been for some time - they had not complied with CCA request and thus may well be in default of S85 of the CCA as well, and if they carried on chasing me & sending me threatening letters I would do them for harrassment.

That was about a month ago & I haven't head a dickie bird since.