Charges = Confusion for my simpleton brain

trimmy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have looked through the threads regarding the fees & charges with the advantage gold account, but unfortuantely when looking at my statements received from NW I can not see the link.

My statements date back to Oct 2002: and the story is:

End of oct 2002 i have a charge for £14

End of Dec 2002 i have a charge for £14

End of Jan 2003 i have a charge for £14

End of feb 2003 i have a charge for £14

End of March 2003 i have a charge of £3

End of April 2003 i have a charge of £20

I obviously have a load more charges as well but its these ones at the beginning that are causing my head to explode.

Is the £14 a unarranged borrowing fee? Is the service fee included in this therefore the unarranged BF is actually £8. Or does the service fee part start at the end of april = £14 UDF and £6 service fee = £20.

if so can i claim back the £14's. and also why £3?!!!

Sorry if this has been explained before but the more i try and get my head around it the more confused i become.

Many Thanks in advance

Trimmy

Hi trimmy, have a look through here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/27521-advantage-gold-unarranged-borrowing.html as this should help to clear up any confusion. The £14 looks like the unarranged borrowing fee - the AG fee would be additional to this. But if you have an Advantage Gold account you need to check through the above link to make doubly sure. Sorry, but I don't have a clue what the £3 charge is - but check Nattie's sticky on nat west charges (just above the main forum) to see if there's additional info on there. Good luck, hedgey x :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I think the £20 is almost certainly a £14 unarranged borrowing and a £6 AG fee. Again, no idea about the £3. (This isn't a business account, is it?)

Steven

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Thanks for that guys after re-reading it, it started to make more sense!!

Altho now i have another question.

Firstly; on the prelim letter, can i state that i am claiming for two accounts, ie advan gold and student and combin the charges total?

secondly .. Im not going to bother with working out the intrest on the charges as it looks mighty hard. therefore where it says i have calculated that you have taken £.... plus £.... interest, what shall i put in that bit... the total plus 8% or delete the plus interest bit?

cheers guys

trimmy