CAPTABLE vs LLOYDS TSB

captable
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello there...

been reading around for a few days.

rather nervous.

got all my information together, sending preliminary approach letter first thing tomorrow morning.

wish me luck!

cheers, christinajanep.

actually, i already have a question that i have been unable to find an answer to in the other threads:

i want to reclaim the charges from two accounts that i have at lloyds tsb.

is it possible to do this all in one go, or am i better off starting the whole process twice, once for each account?

obviously, i am concerned about having to pay twice when filing the claims at court - if it should come to that.

any guidance much appreciated...

Yay.

Standard reply letter recieved yesterday (14/05/07).

I'm pretty sure it's the same as others I've seen elsewhere on the site, so I don't intend to respond directly to it, but I'd be grateful if someone out there could give it the once over and reassure me that I this is the correct course of action (I'm planning to wait until their fourteen days are up and then send an LBA).

Letter reads as follows (I'm sure I've seen this somewhere before!):

"Dear Captable,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry you are unhappy about your account charges.

Like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When customers don't have enough in their accounts to cover a payment, this always means extra work - and it has to happen very quickly. We have to agree to make a payment by setting up or increasing an overdraft, or tell customers we can't agree it. We feel it is fair to charge for this service.

Of course it's only fair too, that we're completely open about any charged-for services before you might need them. That's why we take care to give every new customer the latest guide to our charges. You can also up-to-date details about fees and borrowing rates at all our branches, through our helpline and on our website.

Just as importantly, we do everything we can to help our customers avoid these charges. You can get an up-to-date balance at any of our cash machines, over the phone, on line and by weekly text to your mobile.

If you know a payment is going to take you over your agreed limit, you're welcome to see if there's anything we can do.

The Office of Fair Trading has published new guidelines on credit card default charges. We're still talking it through with them, but the important point is that the guidelines are about 'default' charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. This doesn't apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit. They are not default charges because you haven't broken your agreement. They are prices for the services we provide in these situations.

I understand that you may also have concerns about us sharing information about your relationship with us with the credit reference agencies we use. I'd like to reassure you that this does not apply to bank charges; we only share what is known as white data, which is information about payments to your credit card, loan or mortgage accounts.

I do hope you can see that we make our charging system as fair as possible - and why I can't agree to cancel your charges.

If you have asked for a copy of your statements and paid the fee, we'll send them to you within the 40 day limit set by the Data Protection Act.

If you have not yet sent the £10 fee you will need to send it to us at the address below. The 40 day limit starts from when we recieve your payment. Please quote the reference number shown above when you send your cheque to us.

I hope this fully answers the points you raised with us. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. If we cannot come to an agreement, I will provide you with details of the Financial Ombudsman Service so they can consider your complaint independently.

If you are happy with the way I have dealt with your complaint, there is no need for you to reply to my letter. If I have not heard from you by the 9th July 2007 I will close my file, though of course I will re-open it should you come back at any point afterwards.

Yours sincerely,"

Interestingly the letter mentions points about requesting statements under the data protection act and removing information from the records of credit reference agencies. I raised neither of these points in my preliminary approach letter - something which proves to me that this is indeed a standard reply letter...Makes me sorry to be asking someone on here to check it over - why should I/we have to go through all this bumf they send back when they are not even prepared to pay me/us the courtesy of reading our letters?

Anyway, do please let me know if I'm still best advised to send the LBA at the end of their 14 days.

Cheers,

Captable.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck ... keep us posted

XxXxX

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

• 2 months later...

omg.

just got back from holiday yesterday to find a letter from the FOS - yes i went with them - telling me that the bank have made an offer of the full amount but that i needed to reply to accept the offer by 9th august!

then tried to phone the FOS and couldn't get through but on their answer machine message there was all this panic about the high court case and a waiver granted to the banks and the FOS suspending all work on the matter.

does this mean that the bank will be able to withdraw their offer given that my acceptance will ber after 9th august?

argh!

please advise...