So Called debt Counsellors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am with a debt counsellor dont know if im allowed to say who they are but its not cccs my debt was around £7000 altogether which included loans,credit cards and store cards i want to move to cccs as they will not charge me am i able to do this does anyone know ? :confused:

From what you say im assuming you have paid this debt counsellor a fee. I would name them it may help others to give advice if they have dealt with the same counsellor. Is this company not doing what you have paid them to do? Post your gripe with them on this thread. CAG members have so much information and help to give.

its Compass Debt Counsellors, i get a monthly statement which isnt very clear , ive emailed them asking for info no reply, basically im getting my whole debts sorted out now while im still young as ive just been paying them 2 years and if i can get it done quicker another way i will as im earning more now , has anyone else on here had dealings with them ? :confused:

I would contact CCCS or Payplan tell them you wish to transfer from Compass. Write to Compass telling them of your dissatisfaction. If you have not paid a fee then it should not be a problem. I see they hold a credit license so they have to adhere to certain guidelines.

There are many in the same position, regardless of how the debt came about there are many on this site that can help you. Most of us have learnt from personal experience and are more than willing to share thier experiences. I would contact CCCS or Payplan, these two companies are widely recognised by creditors and do not charge a fee. By getting one of these involved it shows your creditors that you are serious about getting your finances in order and you will find they are more willing to accept reduced monthly payments. Did you sign an agreement with Compass highlighting their fees etc, if so and because they hold a credit license it should be written somewhere saying how you can cancel.

I think your next step should be to contact CCCS or Payplan and get a plan up and running then you can tell Compass where to go.

Have you looked at other threads with regards to counsellors? Many CAG members have got their finances into to order without the help of a counsellor but through advice given on this website. I know i am one of them!

Its a bit daunting the thought of tackling this yourself but it can also be very rewarding.

Hi thank you for your help i have just written a polite but stern letter to compass asking for detailed information about who im paying and what plus a copy of my contract and asking how much of a cut they take so will post it tommorow.My friend works at cccs which is a bonus, i will see what they say then get myself moved over to someone better i dont even know who im paying and am a bit mad ive let it get this long instead of sorting summat sooner. Does Payplan have a website ? :)

Yeah deffinitly keep you posted only started posting a couple of days ago and had so much help with all enquiries feeling loads better already thank you very much, gonna go and check out that website now. :D:D:D

* scales being tipped * :)