28 days since Notice of Issue

karmicsurfer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Some great information here. Thanks to those providing advice.

It is now 28 days since Notice of Issue served on NatWest (deemed by court 10.04.07) by moneyclaim website for amount £9,276.26 (£7,223 + statuary interest as per calculator on moneysavingexpert site) + £250.00 court fee.

This site FAQ's suggest that at this time there are 2 options; first being to go for Judgement in Default (can be filed online at moneyclaim.gov.uk) or write to NatWest allowing further 7 days.

As previous correspondance to NatWest has gone unanswered I am keen to hear your thoughts of which avenue would be most appropriate.

Thanks in advance to those who might make a suggestion.

Nat West will usally apply for a stay. Which the courts usually allow. Which will delay matters even more. Yet they have been known to default, but in Nasty West's case that is unlikely, because they pay their lawyers to go as legally far as possible.

The choice is yours. I won a case a gainst GE money with a default judgement.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/62561-parkvale-g-e-money.html. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Also the courts a re REALLY busy with these claims at the moment. I've got a couple in, and the defence has been receieved by the court and then sat in their in-tray for over a week. I would give them a little more time, it may save time in the long run. As Parkvale says, if you apply for judgement by default, Cobbbetts will apply for a stay. They are paid good money by NW and it would not be good for them to lose by default as that smacks of carelessness.

Write and nudge NW by all means. It keeps the pressure on and lets them know that you are serious and that you are not going to put up with any delaying tactics.

Steven

If this is small claims, you know you don't have to respond to any CPR18 request from Cobbetts, don't you? THey only try it on to confuse the issue. You only need send any information asked for by the COURT.

If your claim was made via MCOL, you might, however, want to send them a copy of your schedule as NatWest don'tseem to bother sending actual information to Cobbetts.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales