Funk takes on HSBC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I sent the preliminary letter on the 1st of June - recorded delivery to my branch. Hopefully there are no problems as I used all of my statements from the online banking system to add up a whopping £836 worth of charges. I could write and ask for all my statements but I'm not sure that it is actually worth it? ANy views on this?

So I'm going to wait until the 14th and then I shall sent the LBA letter. I wonder what kind of response I'm going to get from the delightful HSBC, quite looking forwards to going to court if it comes to it!!

Has anyone had their bank account closed by the HSBC as a result of their action? I'm not worried as I only have a £100 OD to pay back if that happens and a new bank account ready and waiting!

Thanks

Funk!

Hello Funk, welcome!

As far as I can make out reading the forum is that account closure is not normal.

Go back 6 years and retreive your stolen money, squeeze out every penny you can, including interest if you get to court action!

I got several of those "get lost" type letters myself, dont let them put you off your timescale.

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Hello

I sent the preliminary letter on the 1st of June - recorded delivery to my branch. Hopefully there are no problems as I used all of my statements from the online banking system to add up a whopping £836 worth of charges. I could write and ask for all my statements but I'm not sure that it is actually worth it? ANy views on this?

So I'm going to wait until the 14th and then I shall sent the LBA letter. I wonder what kind of response I'm going to get from the delightful HSBC, quite looking forwards to going to court if it comes to it!!

Has anyone had their bank account closed by the HSBC as a result of their action? I'm not worried as I only have a £100 OD to pay back if that happens and a new bank account ready and waiting!

Thanks

Funk!

recently there have been a couple of instances of people being told they have 30 days to make other financial arrangements, but it is very rare

also i wouldnt bother asking for your statements if you know exactly how much you are owed, as long as in your preliminary letter you state that you request any information on manual intervention on your account :)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Hi Funk,

In reponse to my provocative actions, HSBC have asked me to make other arrangements from June 26th. They told me that this was a "commercial decision" - not surprising as I am only likely to cost them money in the future.

In a nutshell, if your account has, on balance, been run well, then you should write a letter to the OFT. Report the bank for using this instrument in response to your preventing them acting unlawfully.

If your account has not been well run, then in all honesty it is best to let it drop.

Good luck with the claim - at least you WILL get that back. :cool:

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ahh thank you all.

SpiceSkill - I wouldn't say the account has been fantastically run - I've been not paid on time a number of times and a few times I haven't been able to shuffle money around to cover my back. Still we shall see.

I do know exactly how much money I am owed so I'm not too worried about that. Manual interventions come up on the statements too.

Will keep you posted - its been 9 days since I sent my first letter and I haven't had anything back from anyone yet.

Manual interventions come up on the statements too
That is very interesting - I have not yet seen any evidence of this. How is it worded in the statements, and was a reference to it made when you did your DPA request?

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ahh thank you all.

SpiceSkill - I wouldn't say the account has been fantastically run - I've been not paid on time a number of times and a few times I haven't been able to shuffle money around to cover my back. Still we shall see.

I do know exactly how much money I am owed so I'm not too worried about that. Manual interventions come up on the statements too.

Will keep you posted - its been 9 days since I sent my first letter and I haven't had anything back from anyone yet.

dont worry about it, i didnt get a reply unitl 15 days had passed, but id already sent out my lba by then :)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation